West coast flava!
I wonder if this is how Doc Holiday felt.
Not the uncontrollable hacking and wheezing. Those remain in check. I'm focused on the unprovoked attack from some guy looking for Deliverence by taking on The Man.
They come rolling into town astride their Critters, all puffery and mouth; the small town champs wanting to move up to the Bigs. I feel bad about the young ones. Some of them barely seemed to understand what they were getting into and just sort of wander into the fray, like deer on the freeway.
The older ones... well, they just shoulda stayed home. Gotta take care of them in an orderly, business-like fashion.
Twenty Randoms from the depths of Todd-O's darker self, coming up.
- To Succo's buzzed point, I wonder if Captain Kirk had to take out a "Sloan" to get a full page of "Texas Holding" PR-Bluster from a Newsweek columnist this week?
- Speaking of Deliverance, if Todd and I are doing a banjo-strumming movie remake with this thing, I call dibs on the John Voight role.
- "Don't drop the banjo getting into your tree-house, brother"
- I'll have to check with my sources but I'm fairly certain it becomes "Coveting" the fifth time you Google (GOOG) her.
- In the real world, Danny and Sandy wouldn't have even gotten to the first cloud in their Dream Greased Lighting before Danny would be asking her how she came to know so much about being naughty that fast?
- He wouldn't be accusing her of anything... just wondering where she and Knickie were before the carnival.
- No, Danny doesn't think he owns her... it's just... I mean... Knickie!
- The ability to absorb punishment is emboldening but so is the ability to ululate; don't seek out opportunities to do either.
- Fed-Ex's (FDX) gappage open raises a question: Do you think the Trannies get sick of funny looks when introducing themselves to people?
- Lo-Lo- Lo- Lo- Lola
- "The sun is going to explode someday but it's a lousy trade"
- At the risk of re-chewing my cabbage, 1,000-odd words and the guy couldn't think of a single reason for Kerkorian to pay up for GM's stock so loudly. Amazing.
- Abercrombie and Fitch (ANF) needs to gain 70% to take out the highs made in July.
- To answer a related question: I think "slobber-knocked" can be applied to individual stocks as well as sectors. "Smoked like a Philly Blunt" is to be thought of as a synonym.
- "No, not like that and yes, I do hear that all the time. It's 'Trannies' as in 'short for Transportation Index'... never mind. Where is the bar?"
- "Beaten like a gub'ment issued mule", "Stomped like a flaming bag of dookie" and "Crushed like Collin's under Maya's spiked heel" are phrases which would be applicable to individual stocks.
- Are the retailers going to bottom before or after National downward guidance day, October 6th?
- A website to help you rhyme? Palmiero. Bonds. Giambi. Sosa. Harrison.
- Things Todd-O grew out of as "recently" as he outgrew 34" waist jeans: Blossom, REO Speedwagon, his sleeveless Def Leppard shirt.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter