More Random Thoughts!
- Bad omen? Brian Reynolds' cow tried to commit suicide by jumping in his pool. Hey--if she looks like Daisy, can I volunteer to give mouth-to-mouth?
- You can often tell a lot about an individual stock (or sector) by how it trades during broader market rally (sell-off) tries. I point this out as I watch the supply in the financials and the demand in high beta.
- I'm alright with my dietary ebb and flow as long as I make lower highs and lower lows.
- The dollar has coughed up its gains as the metals have grinded back towards the flat line.
- This is screwy!
- eBay (EBAY:NASD) is starting to get smushed--watch this in tandem with Google (GOOG:NASD) as net proxies.
- The Monty tech conference is in motion.
- The trannies are givin' a bit back. TRAN 3200 is the acne level to watch.
- Treasury Secretary Snow is on the tape citing the hurricanes as short-term negative for jobs but a longer-term stimulus for the economy.
- The VXO is up 4% but remains at the low end of the last eight years.
- S&P 1120ish and then S&P 1113ish.
- The Clampetts can eat their heart out!
- No wonder Meehan was late this morning!
- The cyclicals are hanging tough in the face of tomorrow's third step.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter