By Todd Harrison Sep 02, 2003 11:29 am
- Who said pie was easy?
- Opportunities are made up easier than losses.
- If you're a contrarian contrarian, does that mean you run with the herd?
- A few weeks ago, I incorrectly stated that financials approached a 30% weighting of the S&P. The actual weighting is in the low 20s. My bad.
- Jackson Reamer is one special kid.
- It's alright to have a big picture thesis as long as your risk profile mimics that time horizon.
- There's a part of me that thinks the S&P HAS to break out before it can roll over (the path of maximum frustration).
- It's alright if you're unsure. It's not alright if you blindly guess.
- Boo had Hoofs on the ropes after the Intel reversal (INTC:NASD) last Friday. When he couldn't knock him out, money started betting on our resident bull.
- The fear of missing applies to the short side as well.
- S's over N's.
- Nicholas Cage was brilliant in Adaptation.
- The goal of every bear market rally is to convert the most steadfast bears.
- If you haven't played the Minyanville animated trailer (with sound), you're missing a treat.
- The Jinx has been en fuego.
- Stagflation = rising unemployment, sluggish growth and inflation (via higher commodity prices/lower dollar). When does the market start sniffin' that out?
- Ever since 2001, I've measured my years September to September.
- When does the liquidity abate? After it drowns all the bears.
- Can the Raiders get back to the Bowl? Only if they stay healthy.
- Lionel was spotted wearing a Minyanville tee in Queens last week.
- What are the chances that Dubya and Elmer are eating KFC for lunch?
- The Cowboys won't see .500 this year.
- The answer to debt isn't more debt.
- Time is the most precious of all commodities.
- Positive confirmation...or the news is always 'best' at the top?
- "Hey, how 'bout a good afternoon....thanks for the freakfest last night?"
- That anxiousness you feel will increase lock step with each tick closer to year end.
- Getting sick on vacation sucks.
- My vote is to get our troops out of the Middle East ASAP.
- A close above S&P 1015 will stir the hornets' nest.
- American Chopper.
- There are some mongo announcements coming to Minyanville regarding content, the event, contributors and the scope of our humble little town.
- Did you know that Bobby and Pigpen were fired from the Grateful Dead in the late 60's (only to rejoin).
- I'm seeing some size put sellers in the DIA.
- If (big if) the S's break out through 1015-1020, they have 'room' to 1040-1050.
position in spx, intc
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter