- Who said pie was easy?
- Opportunities are made up easier than losses.
- If you're a contrarian contrarian, does that mean you run with the herd?
- A few weeks ago, I incorrectly stated that financials approached a 30% weighting of the S&P. The actual weighting is in the low 20s. My bad.
- Jackson Reamer is one special kid.
- It's alright to have a big picture thesis as long as your risk profile mimics that time horizon.
- There's a part of me that thinks the S&P HAS to break out before it can roll over (the path of maximum frustration).
- It's alright if you're unsure. It's not alright if you blindly guess.
- Boo had Hoofs on the ropes after the Intel reversal (INTC:NASD) last Friday. When he couldn't knock him out, money started betting on our resident bull.
- The fear of missing applies to the short side as well.
- S's over N's.
- Nicholas Cage was brilliant in Adaptation.
- The goal of every bear market rally is to convert the most steadfast bears.
- If you haven't played the Minyanville animated trailer (with sound), you're missing a treat.
- The Jinx has been en fuego.
- Stagflation = rising unemployment, sluggish growth and inflation (via higher commodity prices/lower dollar). When does the market start sniffin' that out?
- Ever since 2001, I've measured my years September to September.
- When does the liquidity abate? After it drowns all the bears.
- Can the Raiders get back to the Bowl? Only if they stay healthy.
- Lionel was spotted wearing a Minyanville tee in Queens last week.
- What are the chances that Dubya and Elmer are eating KFC for lunch?
- The Cowboys won't see .500 this year.
- The answer to debt isn't more debt.
- Time is the most precious of all commodities.
- Positive confirmation...or the news is always 'best' at the top?
- "Hey, how 'bout a good afternoon....thanks for the freakfest last night?"
- That anxiousness you feel will increase lock step with each tick closer to year end.
- Getting sick on vacation sucks.
- My vote is to get our troops out of the Middle East ASAP.
- A close above S&P 1015 will stir the hornets' nest.
- American Chopper.
- There are some mongo announcements coming to Minyanville regarding content, the event, contributors and the scope of our humble little town.
- Did you know that Bobby and Pigpen were fired from the Grateful Dead in the late 60's (only to rejoin).
- I'm seeing some size put sellers in the DIA.
- If (big if) the S's break out through 1015-1020, they have 'room' to 1040-1050.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter