Oy vey is meir!
- Why are yawns contagious?
- There is chatter that a large European asset allocation was in motion this morning. The bears are whispering (hoping?) that it's cleaned up soon.
- The technical metric continues to point north, spurred by acne in the S&P and NDX. While the stair-step higher is unequivocally bullish, please keep in mind that there is resistance around S&P 1050.
- The financials, which have paced the tape, are stronger than a mule's breath. Watch BKX 900 as a possible congestion point (break out above). We are seeing a LOT of upside call buying in the group.
- Should Dick Grasso have taken that "extra" $48 million and donated it to charity?
- "Ability may take you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there." --John Wooden
- There is a fine line between never letting an opinion get in the way of making money and using prices to your advantage.
- Mr. Soros is an awfully nice fella.
- How do you handle a day when trading isn't going your way? Do a bit less or take a step back. Pressing and guessing will only cause more trouble.
- It's dangerous and difficult to get in the way of this upside momentum. With that said, this remains my longer term market view.
- Good luck and warm wishes to our eastern seaboard Minyans.
- The semicaps stand out in the seas of green. In fact, the semis (as a group) trade particularly heavy. Typically, that means that supply is floating around and if the tape reverses lower, they should lead to the downside.
- There is a lot of open interest in the September S&P 1050 line (expires tomorrow morning). No, it's not out of the question.
- As it stands, Sean Michael Mueller is large and in charge.
- Think positive.
- Why do they call it the "peanut" gallery?
- Despite the equity jig, the metals act great.
- FINALLY! Stan Katz correctly identified Pier 12 as the Daiye spa location. For that, he wins his choice of a snazzy new Minyanville tee!
- Don't take life too seriously...nobody gets out alive anyway.
- There aren't gonna be any bears left when "it" finally happens.
- The head fake lower in the brokers this morning sucked in a fresh round of shorts. That's the high pitched wheeze you're currently hearing.
- The world is incredibly different than it was a little over two years ago.
- Does your mood shift as a function of your P&L?
- Why is Iceland green and Greenland Icy?
- If trading moves consist of denial, migration and panic, where are we now?
- Admit it...you were missin' the Random Thoughts.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter