By Todd Harrison Sep 18, 2003 2:13 pm
Oy vey is meir!
- Why are yawns contagious?
- There is chatter that a large European asset allocation was in motion this morning. The bears are whispering (hoping?) that it's cleaned up soon.
- The technical metric continues to point north, spurred by acne in the S&P and NDX. While the stair-step higher is unequivocally bullish, please keep in mind that there is resistance around S&P 1050.
- The financials, which have paced the tape, are stronger than a mule's breath. Watch BKX 900 as a possible congestion point (break out above). We are seeing a LOT of upside call buying in the group.
- Should Dick Grasso have taken that "extra" $48 million and donated it to charity?
- "Ability may take you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there." --John Wooden
- There is a fine line between never letting an opinion get in the way of making money and using prices to your advantage.
- Mr. Soros is an awfully nice fella.
- How do you handle a day when trading isn't going your way? Do a bit less or take a step back. Pressing and guessing will only cause more trouble.
- It's dangerous and difficult to get in the way of this upside momentum. With that said, this remains my longer term market view.
- Good luck and warm wishes to our eastern seaboard Minyans.
- The semicaps stand out in the seas of green. In fact, the semis (as a group) trade particularly heavy. Typically, that means that supply is floating around and if the tape reverses lower, they should lead to the downside.
- There is a lot of open interest in the September S&P 1050 line (expires tomorrow morning). No, it's not out of the question.
- As it stands, Sean Michael Mueller is large and in charge.
- Think positive.
- Why do they call it the "peanut" gallery?
- Despite the equity jig, the metals act great.
- FINALLY! Stan Katz correctly identified Pier 12 as the Daiye spa location. For that, he wins his choice of a snazzy new Minyanville tee!
- Don't take life too seriously...nobody gets out alive anyway.
- There aren't gonna be any bears left when "it" finally happens.
- The head fake lower in the brokers this morning sucked in a fresh round of shorts. That's the high pitched wheeze you're currently hearing.
- The world is incredibly different than it was a little over two years ago.
- Does your mood shift as a function of your P&L?
- Why is Iceland green and Greenland Icy?
- If trading moves consist of denial, migration and panic, where are we now?
- Admit it...you were missin' the Random Thoughts.
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter