Before getting pinned on expiration!
- When does the equity market realize that fundamental downticks coupled with a hawkish Fed isn't bullish? And will that matter in an environment where funds are desperate for performance and pressing their bets accordingly?
- "The long-term budget projections are just horrifying. I've got four children and it really disturbs me. I just think it's irresponsible what we're doing to them." --Leonard Burman, co-director of tax policy for the Urban Institute.
- Citigroup (C:NYSE)--which I believe is the most important stock in the world--is overbought and ticklin' resistance at $47.50-75. A move through there--with confirmatory volume--would be a huge boon for the bulls (and a wise stop for Boo's bet).
- Rich Gula touched on the big stinkin' elephant in the middle of Minyanville. Rates just aren't supporting the notion of a robust economic recovery.
- I believe that my educational handicap for the year end stakes remains in play.
- If expiration trends continues, today's action should bookend on the bells.
- I'm jacked for tomorrow's Yankees-Sox game at the stadium. Thanks again to Minyan Dan Meehan for the look!
- The small caps popped yesterday after the Russell 2000 successfully defended its 200-day stay.
- I shattered my uber-diet these past few days as it is tradition in the Jewish religion to welcome in the new year with "sweetness." I'm back on the case today--I think--but have lost a little ground (and found some weight).
- Pennant race! Gold has formed an extended flag formation of higher lows and lower highs.
- Equity funds reported net cash inflows of $1.722BB for the week ended September 15th.
- I really enjoyed my time with Ruby the last few days.
- In ten years from now--when folks realize that the basis of their investments (USD) has appreciably depreciated--the metals will have already emerged as the alternative currency.
- With 46 days until the election, Dubya has opened a 13-point lead over Senator Kerry.
- Do the technicals have to give the "all clear" before Boo can launch his sneak attack?
- The action in the trannies is the most bullish thing on my board.
- I think Bernard Hopkins is gonna put some serious hurt on Oscar this weekend.
- I believe we're going to announce our newest professor next week after spending our weekend at his place (hint).
- A horse is a horse, of course, of course, and I've learned to read everything the man writes. He's that good!
- Does your risk profile match your time horizon?
- I think I may have to rent The Jerk this weekend and spend some QT with Navin.
- Watch the cyclicals today to see if they're Ford tough (F:NYSE).
- Good luck today--let's end this week with some jingle in our jeans.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter