By Todd Harrison Sep 17, 2003 12:19 pm
This is my type of tape!
- Joannie Cunningham or Jenny Piccolo?
- Morgan Stanley (MWD:NYSE), Qualcomm (QCOM:NASD) and International Business Machines (IBM:NYSE) are three names being tossed around by technicians.
- Earth is the only planet not named after a God.
- The mortgage related names--particularly Golden West (GDW:NYSE) and Countrywide Financial (CFC:NYSE)--saw some pretty heavy squeezage after last week's lending concerns.
- Watch the master beta names--biotechs, internets and homies--for signs of quarter-end gamesmanship.
- By sitting in front of a computer each and every day, we're apt to miss the beauty of the world and the balance it provides. I said that earlier--I just think that it bears repeating.
- What the heck IS an Altria?
- "There was a moment last night, when she was sandwiched between the two Finnish dwarves and the Maori tribesmen, where I thought, "Wow, I could really spend the rest of my life with this woman"
- I continue to see short covering flow but there is also a fair amount of upside call buying.
- Yesterday, an analyst at a major brokerage firm pushed Home Depot (HD:NYSE) and Lowes (LOW:NYSE) due to the stocks' historical outperformance after female-named hurricanes. That's pretty nutty.
- Minyan Trivia: When Derek Zoolander was taken to the daiye spa, where was it? The first correct answer sent to firstname.lastname@example.org wins their choice of a snazzy Minyanville tee!
- It's easy to be breezy when things are going well but how you respond to adversity is what builds character. Remember, most everyone who's achieved greatness has suffered major setbacks along the way and many of them credited those setbacks as the platform for success.
- Through objective eyes, the stair-step of higher highs and higher lows is a bullish pattern. As such, the violation of last week's lows will offer the first sign that something might be amiss.
- Wouldas, couldas and shouldas are wasted emotions.
- Let's put this rumor to rest--Daisy has NEVER been to the Crazy Horse 2.
- Watch for the semiconductor book-to-bill after the close today.
- Bear Stearns (BSC:NYSE), Lehman Brothers (LEH:NYSE) and AG Edwards (AGE:NYSE) all report tomorrow morning. That will offer an interesting juxtaposition of metrics for the brokerage sector.
- The rumortrage in the marketplace is reminiscent of bubbles past.
- After tomorrow's morning post, I'll likely be out for the better part of the session. Mr. Soros will be signing the all-star guitar and I'm gonna relieve Fokker of his duties for the day. What are the odds of a sashimifest?
- Two days left in the animated auction!
- Be careful of what you wish for.
- If they can't get 'em down, the tape could Viagra...but the breadth is noticeably different than it was yesterday.
- Verbil Kint once said the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. I suppose he could say the same about the bear market.
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter