This is my type of tape!
- Joannie Cunningham or Jenny Piccolo?
- Morgan Stanley (MWD:NYSE), Qualcomm (QCOM:NASD) and International Business Machines (IBM:NYSE) are three names being tossed around by technicians.
- Earth is the only planet not named after a God.
- The mortgage related names--particularly Golden West (GDW:NYSE) and Countrywide Financial (CFC:NYSE)--saw some pretty heavy squeezage after last week's lending concerns.
- Watch the master beta names--biotechs, internets and homies--for signs of quarter-end gamesmanship.
- By sitting in front of a computer each and every day, we're apt to miss the beauty of the world and the balance it provides. I said that earlier--I just think that it bears repeating.
- What the heck IS an Altria?
- "There was a moment last night, when she was sandwiched between the two Finnish dwarves and the Maori tribesmen, where I thought, "Wow, I could really spend the rest of my life with this woman"
- I continue to see short covering flow but there is also a fair amount of upside call buying.
- Yesterday, an analyst at a major brokerage firm pushed Home Depot (HD:NYSE) and Lowes (LOW:NYSE) due to the stocks' historical outperformance after female-named hurricanes. That's pretty nutty.
- Minyan Trivia: When Derek Zoolander was taken to the daiye spa, where was it? The first correct answer sent to firstname.lastname@example.org wins their choice of a snazzy Minyanville tee!
- It's easy to be breezy when things are going well but how you respond to adversity is what builds character. Remember, most everyone who's achieved greatness has suffered major setbacks along the way and many of them credited those setbacks as the platform for success.
- Through objective eyes, the stair-step of higher highs and higher lows is a bullish pattern. As such, the violation of last week's lows will offer the first sign that something might be amiss.
- Wouldas, couldas and shouldas are wasted emotions.
- Let's put this rumor to rest--Daisy has NEVER been to the Crazy Horse 2.
- Watch for the semiconductor book-to-bill after the close today.
- Bear Stearns (BSC:NYSE), Lehman Brothers (LEH:NYSE) and AG Edwards (AGE:NYSE) all report tomorrow morning. That will offer an interesting juxtaposition of metrics for the brokerage sector.
- The rumortrage in the marketplace is reminiscent of bubbles past.
- After tomorrow's morning post, I'll likely be out for the better part of the session. Mr. Soros will be signing the all-star guitar and I'm gonna relieve Fokker of his duties for the day. What are the odds of a sashimifest?
- Two days left in the animated auction!
- Be careful of what you wish for.
- If they can't get 'em down, the tape could Viagra...but the breadth is noticeably different than it was yesterday.
- Verbil Kint once said the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. I suppose he could say the same about the bear market.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter