- "...We also figured, like God, that this group is due for a rest. Please know that we didn't say trend reversal, we merely said rest. In addition, we're not making the comparison here between energy and tech's blowoff in '99/'00 because we believe that commodity related stocks, after enduring a long time of famine in the wilderness, will be the market leaders through the end of the decade. We're just looking for these stocks to rest." -- Uber-Minyan John Roque, sharing some thoughts on the energy patch.
- As discussed in Ojai, my vibes jibe with the talented Mr. Roque.
- The combination of looming resistance and fugly internals is keeping today's ball in Boo's court.
- Free screws with every hammer?
- The metals aren't so precious this morning as gold is off a finski ($5) and silver is down 1.5%. The XAU (-1.5%), for all you jitterbugs, should find initial support at 100 (previous August high).
- Snaps to Television's JeffMacke for some excellent real-time educational vibes in Best Buy (BBY).
- Similar kudos to Professor Vitaliy Katsenelson for his recent "Da! Da!" on Nokia (NOK).
"Hate put me in prison. Love's gonna bust me out." -Rubin "Hurricane" Carter
The Ruby Peck Foundation continues its drive to help those suffering in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. Minyans who would like to help us make a difference can securely do so online or send a check to:
The Ruby Peck Foundation for Children's Education
c/o Minyanville Publishing & Multimedia, LLC
800 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10022
As my grandfather Ruby used to say, "Thank you ever so much!"
- Minyan Mike Shedlock weighs in on subprime margins.
- Our town. Is a very, very, very fine town.
- Keeping tabs on the collective psychology.
- Hoofy just noted the gap fillage in the S&P (Friday's open) and I'll give him that. However, with NYSE breadth 3:1 negative and both the banks and brokers dancing in Red Dye (note BKX 98), my sense is that he'll have to firm up this squirm if he wants to avoid shaking the quarter-end tree.
- Bill Withers never got the snaps he deserved.
- Keep an eye on crude as it flirts with the flat line (after trading higher all morning).
- I'll be joining Minyan Bob Brooks on The Prudent Money Show tonight at 6:00 EST. Mama always said I've got a face for radio!
- Answers I'd Really Like to Know...
- Does anyone really think that Elmer won't hike at the next FOMC meeting?
- Do you see the N's over S's (Red Dye style).
- Can Snapper circle his troops after the gap fillage? (Watch S&P 1232.)
- Do we buy Rosh Hashana and sell Yom Kippor or is it the other way around?
- Is the degree of drip in Best Buy (-10%) indicative of the lopsided lean? (Keep in mind that we just started pre-announcement season.)
- What would you like to see on the new and improved Minyanville?
- Will anyone else miss the Yankees in October?
- Ophelia. My sweet Ophelia.
- Where's Laurie?
- If it all fell to pieces tomorrow, would everyone you love know exactly how you feel?
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter