By Todd Harrison Sep 11, 2003 12:33 pm
Hope you're all doing well today!
- A guy walks into a pub with a slab of pavement under his arm. He says to the bartender "I'll take two beers. One for me and one for the road."
- As a function of a lot of players taking the day off, liquidity in the marketplace is thinner than usual. Case in point, a trader bought a slug of QQQ "deep in-the-money" calls around 11:35 and spiked the Nazz.
- If you don't own the Stevie Ray Vaughn: Live at Austin City Limits DVD, you're missing an all-time classic.
- If you miss a trade, the worst thing you can do is try to make up for it by forcing.
- Do you want to boogie with Boo? Hang with Hoofs? Dance with Daisy? Sing with Snapper? Slink with Sammy? We're auctioning off a chance to star in the first ever Minyanville animated trailer that will premiere at the Critters Choice Awards in New York City. In addition to securing two VIP tickets to the November 12th event, you'll help sponsor a host of children's educational programs through the Ruby Peck Foundation. It's for the kids, Minyans, it's for the kids!
- The flow is fairly quiet. We saw a spate of put sellers (S&P, SMH) earlier but it's fairly muted now.
- The breadth (2:1 positive) and the banks (up 1%) are the most bullish element of today's tape. The semis remain the drag.
- I fear that there are a lot of people who experienced 9/11 but never sufficiently dealt with the trauma. That type of repression can linger in the subconscious for many, many years.
- Thank you Rice Owls--you set the collegiate standard.
- I didn't give the Fed printing press enough credit this year--but that's ok. Credit levels are high enough.
- "Look son, being a good shot, being quick with a pistol, that don't do no harm, but it don't mean much next to being cool-headed. A man who will keep his head and not get rattled under fire, like as not, he'll kill ya. It ain't so easy to shoot a man anyhow, especially if the son-of-a-bitch is shootin' back at you."
- I'm pretty psyched to have dinner with the fam tonight. The margarita maven is back in town!
- I'm taking Fokker to the fight this weekend and we're gonna bust his (Vegas) cherry.
- I'm having lunch with Snoop Tone and John Roque. Why? Because they're my pals and it's important to spend time with your friends.
- I agree with Scott's thesis on the retail sector and its eventual decline. The only question--and this is a huge question--is WHEN the house of cards, er, debt folds. Think of it as a series of dominos--housing bubble, debt bubble, psychology bubble, derivative bubble...that's more bubbles than an Eddie Murphy self-made Jacuzzi!
- When your final bell rings, have no regrets.
- Minyan Trivia: In Uncle Buck, what is Tia's beverage of choice? The first correct answer sent to email@example.com wins their choice of a free Minyanville tee!
position in ndx, spx
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter