By Todd Harrison Sep 10, 2004 11:49 am
Take the time this weekend to remember what truly matters.
- This is awesome...
- Old school!
- The semis (and high beta names in general are sparklin' as hedgies make the bet that we'll go from extended to uber-extended to stupid-extended into year-end. It could happen--nothing surprises me anymore--although that type of one-sided mindset (and a subsequent spanking) would play perfectly into the prickling of the hedge fund bubble.
- Take it to the limit...take it to the limit....take it to the limit one more time.
- Keep an eye on the brokers--XBD 130ish is a big level on a number of fronts.
- You can almost smell the fear...
- Are rates telling us that growth is evaporating or free money is exacerbating?
- A baby in Florida was named "Truewilllaughinglifebuckyboomermanifestdestiny." His middle name is George James
- Dirty Rotten Scoundrels is coming to Broadway. Noice!
- Breadth isn't givin' the love yet.
- Abdul Kassem Ismael, Grand Vizier of Persia in the tenth century, carried his library with him wherever he went. The 117,000 volumes were carried by 400 camels trained to walk in alphabetical order.
- I was walking down the street last night watching harried commuters pile into Grand Central Station, not a smile in the bunch. And then I remembered how kind New Yorkers were to each other three years ago tomorrow. Has anybody remembered the lessons we've learned?
- SOX 390 is the next resistance zone.
- Dickie Greenleaf!
- I was a bit surprised that the anniversary of 9/11 hadn't "hit" me but that all changed this morning. It was all-of-a-sudden quite powerful...and while there are clearly "bigger fish to fry" in today's trading, I'm not ashamed to admit that it affected me. I'm trying to pen an afternoon piece that addresses these feelings as writing is a healthy catharsis.
- A law passed in Nebraska in 1912 really set down some hard rules of the road. Drivers in the country at night were required to stop every 150 yards, send up a skyrocket, then wait eight minutes for the road to clear before proceeding cautiously, all the while blowing their horn and shooting off flares.
- Look at the charts of Foundry (FDRY:NASD) and Sandisk (SNDK:NASD).
- Warm vibes to the Meehan clan this weekend.
- "I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up DOES rejoice. Still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone. I guess I just miss my friend." -Ellis Boyd 'Red' Redding
- The Pats look tough and it's hard not to like their defense. Still, memories of the snow bowl haunt my silver and black visions.
- The greenback, with its 70 bp drop, has broken through both the 50- and 200-day moving average. Gold, so ya know, is struggling at the 200-day resistance as we speak.
- Be good to others and better to yourself.
- If you would like us to offer your entire firm/network a gratis one month subscription on your behalf, let us know and we'll get in motion!
- Nokia (NOK:NYSE) stopped dead to rights after it filled its gap at $14.
- We've got a snazzy new addition to the Minyanville fold that we may announce as early as next week. Quality, Mon Frere, not quantity.
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter