Who wants a milk shake?
- I've never seen the word "probe" used in a positive way. Not even in Fletch!
- Are you gonna tell me that levels don't matter? Look at the morning magnets that were S&P 1015ish and NDX 1350ish.
- BKX 868 was "a" level (trendline) but BKX 850 is THE level (dandruff neckline).
- The rotational theme stands out like a sore thumb. The consumers (drugs) continue to benefit while the financials (mortgage concerns), semis (profit-taking) and biotechs are a source of funds.
- Sorry about the lag in posts, my friends, I'm juggling conference calls like Elmer's jugglin' bubbles.
- Mixed signals: the leadership tells are pointing due south and breadth is 2:1 negative. However, the bulls continue to toe the line of technical support.
- There was a lot of Buzz & Banter regarding Tony's column yesterday. The goal of Minyanville is to provide thought provoking and educational commentary. The contributing professors may not always agree with each other's view, but there is value in the discussion.
- If the closing bell in the sky rang tomorrow, does everybody you love know how you feel?
- Bill Meehan's three favorite sayings (as remembered by friend Dan Meehan): "Aye Caramba!!!" "Hey ya big old SWINE!!!!" and "Oh My aching universe!"
- In addition to the triple September bottom, NDX 1350 also represents the (up) trendline from the August 6th mini-low.
- "A riot is an ungly thing ... undt, I tink, that it is chust about time ve had vun!" --Inspector Kemp
- Will the recent press (finally) quell the quarter-end markup madness?
- The Critters Choice Awards is two months from Friday! Have you sniffed out the animated auction yet?
- Three kids were shot at my high school yesterday. Sad times indeed.
- If you haven't read Succ's debt blurb, please do so. Twice.
- Keep an eye on the piggies...they're creeping back. Citigroup (C:NYSE) and Bank of America (BAC:NYSE) remain my bank tells
- Watch the master betas (biotechs, home builders, semis) as we creep closer to quarter-end. If performance anxiety reasserts itself, they'll likely be the vehicles of choice.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter