More Random Thoughts
Fare ye well into the bell!
- BJ and a smile!
- The "game" of pepper in Washington DC illustrates how thin and fragile sentiment is. Still, those kids are in need of a serious "time out."
- The semis--up 2% and testing the downtrend this morning--have given back most of their gains.
- "It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." --Henry Ford
- Mini-Minyan Mailbag: "Toddo, Long time no speak. With regard to your Semis comment (the short side is crowded), I urge you to check out the put/call open interest configuration. It is NOT saying that sentiment is bearish at all. The SMH put/call is in the lowest 10 percentile over the last 53 weeks despite SEMIS having gotten crushed...Short interest tells a similar story. Just wanted to share. Peace to you. Minyan Faysal from Beirut Lebanon."
- David Fine--you're FIRED!
- Didn't Neon Deion retire for a reason?
- Swinger! Rude crude is 5% higher on the session.
- If I trek to Aspen, I'm gonna have to drag Eric Knight through the mountains a few times.
- A few smart technicians I talk to are looking at the piggies and lining up in Red Dye. So ya know.
- If you got shaken and stirred during that violent hiccup earlier, shake it off and regain your focus. What's done is done--it's time to move on.
- Altera (ALTR:NASD) will offer up their mid-quarter take tomorrow as well.
- While I'm certainly not looking past a relaxing weekend, I'm definitely looking forward to having a full team on the field in September.
- There sure are alotta Yankee haters out there. Yeesh!
- Brazil--down 1.5%--stands out on the global stage.
- Energy will retake the financials as the largest weighting in the S&P. You can bank on it!
- Crude held--and popped--right near the 50-day moving average which, oh by the way, is where it broke out from in July.
- Work at a large firm and wanna turn your colleagues onto the 'Ville? We'll make you look good---just give us the chance!
- You know you're getting old when you hear the word "models" and you immediately think of a balance sheet.
- If your Buzz blinks, hit the F5 button.
- I can almost see Collins getting bigger.
- Across the Rio Grandeeo, Across the lazy river.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter