More Random Thoughts
By Todd Harrison Sep 01, 2004 2:36 pm
Fare ye well into the bell!
- BJ and a smile!
- The "game" of pepper in Washington DC illustrates how thin and fragile sentiment is. Still, those kids are in need of a serious "time out."
- The semis--up 2% and testing the downtrend this morning--have given back most of their gains.
- "It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." --Henry Ford
- Mini-Minyan Mailbag: "Toddo, Long time no speak. With regard to your Semis comment (the short side is crowded), I urge you to check out the put/call open interest configuration. It is NOT saying that sentiment is bearish at all. The SMH put/call is in the lowest 10 percentile over the last 53 weeks despite SEMIS having gotten crushed...Short interest tells a similar story. Just wanted to share. Peace to you. Minyan Faysal from Beirut Lebanon."
- David Fine--you're FIRED!
- Didn't Neon Deion retire for a reason?
- Swinger! Rude crude is 5% higher on the session.
- If I trek to Aspen, I'm gonna have to drag Eric Knight through the mountains a few times.
- A few smart technicians I talk to are looking at the piggies and lining up in Red Dye. So ya know.
- If you got shaken and stirred during that violent hiccup earlier, shake it off and regain your focus. What's done is done--it's time to move on.
- Altera (ALTR:NASD) will offer up their mid-quarter take tomorrow as well.
- While I'm certainly not looking past a relaxing weekend, I'm definitely looking forward to having a full team on the field in September.
- There sure are alotta Yankee haters out there. Yeesh!
- Brazil--down 1.5%--stands out on the global stage.
- Energy will retake the financials as the largest weighting in the S&P. You can bank on it!
- Crude held--and popped--right near the 50-day moving average which, oh by the way, is where it broke out from in July.
- Work at a large firm and wanna turn your colleagues onto the 'Ville? We'll make you look good---just give us the chance!
- You know you're getting old when you hear the word "models" and you immediately think of a balance sheet.
- If your Buzz blinks, hit the F5 button.
- I can almost see Collins getting bigger.
- Across the Rio Grandeeo, Across the lazy river.
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter