By Marcus Laun Sep 01, 2004 11:25 am
That's just not right!
- Not by the hair of my Pimmy Pim Pimco!
- Minyanville would like to thank the good folks at ExGen Securities for their continued support and consistent friendship. If human capital is a smart investment, this team will earn huge rewards.
- 22-0? I haven't seen a shutout like that since Fokker in Crested Butte!
- If you're interested in purchasing one of the few remaining "Minyans in the Mountains 2004 Presentation Reference Guides," please give us a ping. Thanks!
- I've long maintained that the opposite of love isn't hate (it's apathy) and the other side of the bubble is indifference. Are we "there" yet (with the volatility indices near multi-year lows)? I don't think so--by definition, attrition is a function of time and we've got a lot of hopers left in the tape. I know--I'm a Debbie Downer--but I'll always offer my honest vibe.
- The recent events in Russia are both disgusting and disturbing.
- The semis, fresh off yesterday's late day shrug, are leading by example with today's 2% lift. They join the S&P with a "look at me" level of SOX 380 (downtrend). We discussed (on yesterday's Buzz) the concept of this complex being an uber-crowded short (into Intel (INTC:NASD)) with "heelsy" field position. Today's lift somewhat alleviates that notion although sentiment is still "doubtful" (with good reason).
- If you're emotionally involved with an individual security, put it on your restricted list and look for other opportunities. Trust me on this one.
- I am officially addicted to this website.
- Talk about a Swedish meatball!
- Breadth--the best daily tell--is sportin' two ahead for each that's red.
- I am gonna take the day off on Friday and allow myself a four-day weekend. Not sure where I'm gonna go yet (any suggestions?) but it's time to recharge the batteries into the home stretch.
- S&P 1111--the 200-day moving average--is a huge focus. The Minx failed there twice in August and lotsa stops surely rest above.
- Among the ice cream flavors offered recently at Ice Cream City in Tokyo: spinach, garlic, tomato, seaweed, oyster, red wine, goat, chicken, lettuce and potato, wheat, shark fin, and something called "raw horse flesh." [Mainichi Daily News]
- Sending lotsa good vibes to our very own Laurie McGuirk.
- Wanna follow the "real-time money poll" for the elections? With so much riding on the November polls, it may not be such a bad idea.
- Reason #42 why Minyanville merchandise simply won't go there.
- Girly Minyan?
- Front month crude futes are 2.6% higher. See it.
- Don't get sucked in by the negativity of those around you. Energy isn't created or deleted, it just changes shape and form. Harness it and be a better person for it.
- Maybe the dingo really did eat yo baby?
- If you know of a Minyan worthy FX professor (or any other worthy scribe), please let us know. We're always looking to expand the knowledge base and educational mission.
- Scalinatella ain't cheap but it sure is tasty!
- These levels (above) are Hefty, Hefty, Hefty while the stochastics are Twisty, Twisty, Twisty!
- Do you really believe that the government has no influence (however transitory) on the stock market? Just askin' the question...
position in intc
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter