More Random Thoughts!
May peace be with you!
- Today's Randoms simply weren't strong enough for my own internal smell test. Hence, the redeux.
- Lowry's issued a report today that offers that it may be "too early for major defensive positions...but periods of rally may be used to cull out their weakest holdings."
- Phoebe Klump.
- General Electric (GE:NYSE) is trying for some gap fillage but has thus far come up short.
- The breadth didn't confirm the contra-hour upside try.
- I forgot how nice it can be to turn off your brain and listen to the music.
- It's human nature to get more bullish as the market rallies and more cautious as it trades lower. The trick is to invert those tendencies or, at the very least, implement risk controls that allow you to ride the tide.
- Crude is tickling $45/brl. I've long been on record that $50/brl is a matter of time but am admittedly surprised by the pace of the race.
- Elmer "Dutch Boy" Greenspan.
- Minyans who are heading to Crested Butte, please drink a TON of water during the week preceding your trip. Trust me on this--the altitude is no joke.
- I still think that energy and metals will significantly outperform tech and financials in the years ahead.
- All you can do is the best you can do.
- Get your rest as tomorrow is shaping up as a mighty long day. Elmer and Chambo and Beeks--oh my!
- Lotsa folks (and professors) continue to do the August vacation thing. Factor that illiquidity into your risk profile.
- I'm not feeling the mojo today. It happens, I suppose, but I'm always honest with ye faithful and will share the vibe in good days and bad.
- Everyone is blaming oil and terror jitters for the market malaise. I still think that we're paying the tab for the bubble fun and it's gonna last for many more years.
- Bobby Weir is starting to look more and more like Jerry.
- Fare ye well into the bell.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter