By Marcus Laun Aug 08, 2003 11:24 am
Circle of trust, Snoop, circle of trust!
- The cyclicals continue to outperform and they're leading to an S's over N's tape.
- During dinner last night with Succo and Charlie, we discussed how the GSE's have become the "in vogue" (read: crowded) shorts. That's the risk to the bear thesis--although ultimately, stocks don't lie.
- The semis act like pooh (on the heels of NVIDIA (NVDA:NASD)).
- Kneel before Zod!
- I've been waiting for Newmont Mining (NEM:NYSE) to pull back...for six points.
- NYSE breadth positive while Nazzdoggie breadth is negative.
- This bond market action is crazier than a Russian undressing.
- Do you think there would be a Minyan mutiny if we skipped Random Thoughts one day?
- I don't care how cool Charlie is--he REALLY lucked out in marrying Corey.
- Never trade purely on valuation.
- I've been watching Pan American Silver (PAAS:NASD) as my silver proxy. My boy blue, er, Fleck turned me on to this name.
- Hmm...Daisy just told me that SHE was taking vacation next week too!
- Poor Petie!
- Watch the Russell 2000--it put in a double top (bearish) and is giving a stochastic buy signal (bullish).
- I spoke to my princess niece Maia last night who told me daddy was buying her a fishy for her birthday. I asked her what she was naming it? "Maia," she said. "But Maia, you can't name your fish after yourself." "Yes, I can." She said. Whataya say to that?
- Elmer credibility test coming up Tuesday. If the market blinks regardless of what they do, you know that sentiment has shifted.
- SushiFriday. Wasabi!
- The dip buyers won't scare until the fifth dip.
- Wouldn't it be great if the television media came on and said "tech stocks are lower today because they're unreasonably priced and investors got carried away again?"
- "Real heroes are men who fall and fail and are flawed, but win out in the end because they've stayed true to their ideals and beliefs and commitments"- Kevin Costner
- Raiders vs. Rams tonight. Here we go...
- Sanford Bernstein's CFO survey indicates that "the level of optimism has waned" regarding second half spending plans. That may be weighing on tech.
- Remember Minyans...the most vicious sell-offs occur from oversold conditions.
- Big blue got banged up last night. Sorry Berko.
- Fokker's in a mood. Great.
- I'll be back--the Minx is on the move and I wanna get this column posted. Besides, Mr. Bucs fan and I have a sushi menu to review!
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter