By Todd Harrison Aug 07, 2003 1:38 pm
These swings in bond land are n-v-t-s nuts!
- If Gary Coleman wins the California Gubernatorial race, is there gonna be a short squeeze?
- If the Minx melts, the action in the metals will be viewed as "writing on the wall."
- JP Morgan (JPM:NYSE) continues to act funky.
- A market "crash" has a statistically low probability. Still, some conditional elements of such an event are in place. Hold on Snoop--don't yell at me yet. Think about it...there's massive complacency, a huge derivative maze, debt up the wazoo, a mounting deficit, a housing bubble that's yet to burst (real estate is a lagging indicator), little evidence of a real recovery and a huge run up in equity levels. I'm not saying it will happen--and it certainly doesn't have to happen in one day--but you can't say there's 100% probability that it won't.
- Everyone, including "equity only" guys, are keying on bonds.
- There's some serious squeezage going on in the retail space.
- For the last time, there will NOT be any Daisy blow up dolls sold on Main Street.
- There sure is a lot of smoke surrounding these GSE's.
- Look for Jerry Porter to have a break out year for the Raiders.
- The OSX is perking up for the first time in a while.
- There should be more drive-in theaters.
- Meditation is one of the hardest things I've ever tried to do.
- Overbought can get more overbought and oversold can get more oversold.
- Fat guy in a little coat.
- The Nikkei has quietly slipped 8% in the last month.
- With yesterday's fade fresh in everybody's mind, is it too cute to expect it two days in a row?
- Watch the brokers as they toy with XBD 550.
- My ex called me a lousy lover. I asked her how she could tell in two minutes.
- If you're reading this and you're not a Minyan....DUDE, sign up! I'm a Minyan, you're a Minyan, he's a Minyan, she's a Minyan, wouldn't you like to be a Minyan too?
- Breadth is s-l-o-w-l-y starting to improve. Wait--no it's not. Wait--yes it is. Oy!
- I may be light on the afternoon posts as I've got to get ready for tonight's memorial service (before the Minyan dinner).
- I am VERY psyched for football season.
- Is it me...or have dealers become much less aggressive in their capital commitment?
- Most of my options are Sept paper and I'll likely give 'em a few more weeks before eyeing potential "rolls."
- If you can't donate money to philanthropic causes, you can always donate time.
- Hey Tommy Carden--you're not dyin', just listen to the music!
- How many second half recoveries will it take before the carrot stales?
- I think Bosco is a great name for a chocolate Labrador.
- Mother Merrill (MER:NYSE) better succeed or Mr. O'Neal is gonna have a lot of explaining to do.
- Mr. Goodbar is clearly the best Hershey miniature.
- There's a downside to sitting in front of these screens all day. It's called time, and while you've been reading this post, it continues to tick away.
- I wonder if Martin ever popped his cork?
position in fnm
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter