These swings in bond land are n-v-t-s nuts!
- If Gary Coleman wins the California Gubernatorial race, is there gonna be a short squeeze?
- If the Minx melts, the action in the metals will be viewed as "writing on the wall."
- JP Morgan (JPM:NYSE) continues to act funky.
- A market "crash" has a statistically low probability. Still, some conditional elements of such an event are in place. Hold on Snoop--don't yell at me yet. Think about it...there's massive complacency, a huge derivative maze, debt up the wazoo, a mounting deficit, a housing bubble that's yet to burst (real estate is a lagging indicator), little evidence of a real recovery and a huge run up in equity levels. I'm not saying it will happen--and it certainly doesn't have to happen in one day--but you can't say there's 100% probability that it won't.
- Everyone, including "equity only" guys, are keying on bonds.
- There's some serious squeezage going on in the retail space.
- For the last time, there will NOT be any Daisy blow up dolls sold on Main Street.
- There sure is a lot of smoke surrounding these GSE's.
- Look for Jerry Porter to have a break out year for the Raiders.
- The OSX is perking up for the first time in a while.
- There should be more drive-in theaters.
- Meditation is one of the hardest things I've ever tried to do.
- Overbought can get more overbought and oversold can get more oversold.
- Fat guy in a little coat.
- The Nikkei has quietly slipped 8% in the last month.
- With yesterday's fade fresh in everybody's mind, is it too cute to expect it two days in a row?
- Watch the brokers as they toy with XBD 550.
- My ex called me a lousy lover. I asked her how she could tell in two minutes.
- If you're reading this and you're not a Minyan....DUDE, sign up! I'm a Minyan, you're a Minyan, he's a Minyan, she's a Minyan, wouldn't you like to be a Minyan too?
- Breadth is s-l-o-w-l-y starting to improve. Wait--no it's not. Wait--yes it is. Oy!
- I may be light on the afternoon posts as I've got to get ready for tonight's memorial service (before the Minyan dinner).
- I am VERY psyched for football season.
- Is it me...or have dealers become much less aggressive in their capital commitment?
- Most of my options are Sept paper and I'll likely give 'em a few more weeks before eyeing potential "rolls."
- If you can't donate money to philanthropic causes, you can always donate time.
- Hey Tommy Carden--you're not dyin', just listen to the music!
- How many second half recoveries will it take before the carrot stales?
- I think Bosco is a great name for a chocolate Labrador.
- Mother Merrill (MER:NYSE) better succeed or Mr. O'Neal is gonna have a lot of explaining to do.
- Mr. Goodbar is clearly the best Hershey miniature.
- There's a downside to sitting in front of these screens all day. It's called time, and while you've been reading this post, it continues to tick away.
- I wonder if Martin ever popped his cork?
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter