- Why do airlines say "this is a non-smoking flight?" Are there any "smoking" flights anymore?
- Breadth just isn't givin' Hoofy the love today. Losers are outpacing winners 2:1 across the board..
- The semis and cyclicals--two key sectors--trade dry in the face of supply. If Hoofy and Snapper tag team Boo, these sectors should pace the race.
- Only sailors use condoms baby. Not in the Nineties Austin! Well they should those filthy beggers, they go from port to port!
- Crude continues to be the thorn in Hoofy's rose. Nymex front month futes just popped to $44.30/brl. That'll leave a mark!
- Europe continues to trade surprisingly firm.
- What happens in the Butte, stays in the Butte.
- Ricky nation?
- Minyanville welcomes Kelly Carll and National Securities to the fold. Wasabi!
- Chinese businessman Hu Xilm, who claims that a housefly in the food 10 years ago ruined a big business deal for him, has since spent thousands of dollars on an obsession to eliminate as many flies as he can. With help from a team of volunteers he recruited, he claims to have killed 8 million flies. [South African Press Association]
- N's over S's.
- Collins is a thoroughbred.
- The VXO is up 7%. Still, under 17, it's a pretty negative divergence vs. the last time we were at these levels.
- The left coast Minyan mission went very well and I rate it an 8.5 out of a possible 10. Some very exciting things are unfolding in the city of critters and I'm psyched that we're sharing this journey together.
- The homies still trade "crowded."
- In Tennessee, State Sen. John Ford, faced with a claim for increased child support from the mother of his 9-year-old daughter, formally challenged the constitutionality of the state's child support rules. However, among the rules challenged were those ushered through the state General Assembly last year by ....Sen. John Ford. [Knoxville News-Sentinel]
- S&P 1080.
- I think the CBS MarketWatch brass is first class and top notch. It's nice to see and a welcome change.
- This is the quietest down 100 day I can remember. That, on the margin, is bearish.
- Hey Carter Mansbach--go left!
- Now I know why I don't take red eyes.
- Has anybody ever been caught by runaway Sue?
- "What's money? A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do." - Bob Dylan
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter