By Todd Harrison Aug 05, 2004 12:17 pm
- Why do airlines say "this is a non-smoking flight?" Are there any "smoking" flights anymore?
- Breadth just isn't givin' Hoofy the love today. Losers are outpacing winners 2:1 across the board..
- The semis and cyclicals--two key sectors--trade dry in the face of supply. If Hoofy and Snapper tag team Boo, these sectors should pace the race.
- Only sailors use condoms baby. Not in the Nineties Austin! Well they should those filthy beggers, they go from port to port!
- Crude continues to be the thorn in Hoofy's rose. Nymex front month futes just popped to $44.30/brl. That'll leave a mark!
- Europe continues to trade surprisingly firm.
- What happens in the Butte, stays in the Butte.
- Ricky nation?
- Minyanville welcomes Kelly Carll and National Securities to the fold. Wasabi!
- Chinese businessman Hu Xilm, who claims that a housefly in the food 10 years ago ruined a big business deal for him, has since spent thousands of dollars on an obsession to eliminate as many flies as he can. With help from a team of volunteers he recruited, he claims to have killed 8 million flies. [South African Press Association]
- N's over S's.
- Collins is a thoroughbred.
- The VXO is up 7%. Still, under 17, it's a pretty negative divergence vs. the last time we were at these levels.
- The left coast Minyan mission went very well and I rate it an 8.5 out of a possible 10. Some very exciting things are unfolding in the city of critters and I'm psyched that we're sharing this journey together.
- The homies still trade "crowded."
- In Tennessee, State Sen. John Ford, faced with a claim for increased child support from the mother of his 9-year-old daughter, formally challenged the constitutionality of the state's child support rules. However, among the rules challenged were those ushered through the state General Assembly last year by ....Sen. John Ford. [Knoxville News-Sentinel]
- S&P 1080.
- I think the CBS MarketWatch brass is first class and top notch. It's nice to see and a welcome change.
- This is the quietest down 100 day I can remember. That, on the margin, is bearish.
- Hey Carter Mansbach--go left!
- Now I know why I don't take red eyes.
- Has anybody ever been caught by runaway Sue?
- "What's money? A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do." - Bob Dylan
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter