By Todd Harrison Aug 30, 2004 12:05 pm
Discipline is the common denominator of any successful trading strategy.
- Fun with Fundies!
- Has anyone actually had their leg pulled when they were being fibbed to?
- Crude has spilled for 3.5%--keep this on your radar, as everyone else surely is.
- While we're on our heels and crimson wheels, it's worth noting that the Lowry Selling Pressure Index dropped to its lowest level in almost ten years (Feb '95) on Friday.
- I put in 15 miles on a mountain bike Saturday. Consistent with my generally accepted workout practices (GAWP), that will be grandfathered and allocated accordingly (1.5 miles per day for the last 10 days).
- Shills and chills.
- Bank of America (BAC:NYSE)--which split 2:1 today--has no quit in it.
- Monkey business!
- She should just try dating in New York City!
- The breadth never found its footing outa the gate and has now worse than 2:1 negative across the board.
- The housing "boom."
- It could happen on Wall Street too!
- While many USA athletes may not agree with me, I thought that this was one of the more enjoyable Olympics in recent history.
- Why can't I shake the image of "Joshua" from War Games?
- Snoop Tony Dwyer--softball player extraordinaire--just pinged in to say the Lowry's buying power index beat the June high by 1 point on Friday. This, coupled with the selling pressure index, reinforces his view that this is a pause in an ongoing bull tape. That said, his internal readings have become extreme and he argues for patient buying near-term as there is solid precedent for a pause that refreshes.
- Mutual of Ohmygawd!
- Crested Butte attendees should absolutely take advantage of Professor Miller's offer for a free one year anniversary issue of his excellent newsletter.
- I'd hate to see the whole meal!
- Bold gold continues to creep higher. The yella metal is up better than a finski while white lightenin' is better than 4% in the green.
- I may take the end of the week off and attempt to practice what I preach. It's been a while (Crested Butte didn't count as I was preppin' for eighty attendees).
- I guess he didn't see the stop sign?
- Oh to live on Sugar Mountain...
- During weeks like this, no news is good news. At least until Thursday (Intel (INTC:NASD) mid-quarter update) and Friday (Beeks).
- Flight of the seabirds, scattered like lost words. Wheel to the storm and fly.
- Thank you Mr. Roach!
- More pics from the 'Butte! (Not to be confused with album one or album two)
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter