More Random Thoughts!
May peace be with you!
- Moo Laa Laa!
- Succo's discussion on "compression"--pressing for performance as a function of size rather than movement--as profound implications for future volatility.
- Will tomorrow's GDP kick start the dollar or further the squalor?
- I just got off the phone with Minyan Jeff Saut--who is as good as it gets--and we were discussing the irony that is the "fear-greed-fear" bell curve. Folks tend to get bearish after declines and bullish after rallies--it's goofy, but it's also human nature.
- I may have to change my instant message alert from a "moo" back to a "ping." Hoofy is A.D.D enough without hearing a virtual mating call every twelve seconds!
- If Woody Allen married Natalie Wood, divorced her and married Gregory Peck, divorced him and married Ben Hur, he'd be Woody Wood Peck Hur
- Good people trade at a premium to smart people.
- It's slow and drifty as we edge towards Freaky Friday. Don't press or guess, Minyans, as days like this aren't meant to be painful.
- I'm not involved...but I'm told the semi space is pretty crowded. I guess we'll see after Novellus (NVLS:NASD) tonight.
- Brazil down 2%.
- Oh to be on Minyan Mountain....with the barkers and the colored balloons.
- The VXN is down ten days in a row.
- The BKX is making a concerted effort to make BKX 98 similar to XBD 120.
- When is the last time you smiled until your face hurt?
- Fare ye well into the bell and have an enjoyable evening.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter