Now would be a fine time for some yotavational moga!
- When I arrived in the Butte, the town paper had a huge article entitled "Wall Street Guru brings Minyanville to Crested Butte." My reaction? "Damn! What are the odds?!"
- Stag-foiled again.
- August 24th, 2004: The single most frustrating day of my career.
- Minyan Jeff Saut discussed the chatter of the Barton squeeze in his (always excellent) column yesterday. Minyan JB dug out this tidbit that supports that story.
- Mr. Dingmann spoke of the compression between natural gas and crude. This fits right in.
- From our good pal Tony Dwyer: "Equities may find support from a very deeply oversold condition, possible asset allocation switches if bonds weaken and improved sentiment if oil takes a break. SPX most oversold since Mar. '03 low and NAZ more oversold than any other time since Oct. '02. At worst, it indicates further gains toward the upper end of resistance in the context of short-term downtrend outlined last Monday. "
- Google (GOOG:NASD)--one of our chief tech tells--is gettin' hammered for 5%. That's pressurin' the other net names and casting a pall on tech.
- Don't ya gotta root for Willis McGahee to make a strong comeback?
- There is a financial website advertising an educational seminar with the quote "Good traders know how to make money, great traders know how to take a loss." Hmm...
- There are benefits and caveats to each metric--that's why I've always used an assimilation to craft trade strategy.
- Breadth has yet to confirm the downside.
- There are good days and there are bad days. The key is to smooth the process while not allowing yourself to deviate too far from the middle (balance).
- The semis (-2.5%) failed directly at the downtrend line (from July) that we highlighted yesterday.
- Make goals, not war.
- Equities rally with crude...and sell off with crude?
- Volume yesterday was the lightest since New Year's eve. Wow.
- As discussed yesterday, the only way I can see the greenback rallying is if Elmer takes his foot off the gas. Unfortunately, if he does that, the reflation effort likely deflates.
- The cyclicals are retesting their 200-day moving average at CYC 670.
- Minyanville Publishing & Multimedia, Inc. is looking for a jr. level administrative assistant. They must be aggressive, proactive and willing to work crazy hours. Please contact Collins for more information on how to climb aboard Team Minyan.
- Is the metal smelting an unwind of the Olympic put?
- Cream puffs and powdered sugar?
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter