The First Annual Crested Butte Awards
If you can't laugh at yourself, laugh at someone else!
- The "hit me again Ike and this time put some stank on it!" award - Tuttle (poker) or Miller (softball)
- The "longest yard" award: (TIE) Collins all night drive from Denver (to deliver the presentations) or Rhino Wilkes HR ball.
- The "I take my TA very seriously" award: Warren Bachman
- The "How ya like me now?" award: Kelly Carll, who slammed down a drink and proceeded to teach the mechanical bull a lesson (much to Daisy's horror)
- The "Great Patron's" Award: David Passerman and Scott Littman.
- The "hats off" award: (TIE) Judith, George and Toddo (nice lids!)
- The "most in need of a nap" award: Infant George or grumpy Collins
- The "and you can quote me" award: (TIE) "I used to have a girl friend that yelled at me like that...THEN I DUMPED HER!!!" (Kevin Tuttle), "Glass is...not cheap!" (Crested Butte shop owner) or "Life's not all cream puffs and powdered sugar" (Carter from the CB bakery).
- The "access denied" Award: Adam Melinger from Wall Street Access who got locked out of his room
- The "what are the chances?" award - Jason Roney, who calculated the probability of a bar fight occurring after Tuttle mentioned how peaceful people in Colorado are. Two minutes later, an old fashioned bar room brawl broke out.
- The" most likely to come back in his next life as a sporting goods model" award: David Miller.
- The "most likely to come back in his next life as a ballerina" award: Toddo (I assume this is due to my uber-noice stretches at first base).
- The "I couldn't catch a cold much less a softball" award: Fokker.
- The "I can't run around the bases with two beers and a hot dog" award: Collins.
- The "Now I know why they call the Denver "D" the orange crush" award: Scotto.
- The "most likely to make the cover in the Crested Butte edition of Texas Hold'm magazine for best dressed" award: Tickles Tuttle.
- The "most likely to teach dance class to Crested Butte prison inmates" award: Tony Dwyer.
- The "most likely to slam dunk on his own 4 foot tall basketball court" award: Scotto Reamer
- The "most likely to conduct a complete interview with two random strangers on a 5am trip to the airport" award: Pepe Depew.
- The "you're lucky I was looking or you'd be between the Rock and a hard place" award: Dany Johnson.
- The "most likely to beat a Toddo softball team by the mercy rule (twice)" award: The Succo family.
- The "what were you thinking" award: (TIE) The guy who bit thru a pint glass in the bar fight (non-Minyan related) or Toddo for his head first "Charley Hustle" dive into second base while already down 25 runs.
- The "Dr. K" Award: Bill O'Herron (softball) or Fokker (ladies).
- The "most eye catching show of athleticism" award: (TIE) Jim Bridges for laying out to snap a hard hit liner or Snoop trying to jump up to point at the screen during his presentation.
- The "CPR resuscitation" Award: The Crested Butte Fire Department for supplying a projector when ours was MIA.
- The "like father like swine" award: Bill Meehan (after slipping on home plate in his first at-bat and covering himself in mud).
- The "I didn't need this finger anyway" award: Karen Landry.
- The "it's OK for the bartender to ask my age but not alright for you to tell him" award: Stephanie Brooks.
- The "center of attention at the top tick" award: Neal Dingmann.
- The "see, I told you that Mark Messier could play softball!" award: Scott Pollack.
- The "long arm of the law" award: David Passerman.
- The "know your customer" award: (TIE) Dean Mendes and Eric Knight.
- The "my Delta Tau Chi pledge name is Sleepy" award: Cynthia Dietzmann.
- The "he's such a nice guy we have to give him an award" award: Jim Nichols.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter