By Marcus Laun Aug 23, 2004 12:10 pm
Thank you all for all you do!
- Will the kiss of death in the S&P matter? Either way, the 50-day crossed (lower) through the 200-day last week.
- Neil "I'm not ready to leave the Eldo yet" Dingmann made some great points in his presentation regarding the disparity between natural gas and crude.
- The KC Fed holds its annual conference in Jackson Hole Wyoming on Thursday. I smell a pairs trade!
- Can you believe that United Air lost my luggage on the way home too? I'm gonna smack Simon (their voice recognition software).
- Why the outsized bounce last week? Oversold, very thin and expiration (negative gamma). Also, once the S&P 1080 hump was mounted, lotsa technical shorts lost their catalyst.
- There was a moment last night when you were sandwiched between the two Finnish dwarves and the Maori tribesman...
- NDX 1360--where we failed miserably--is back in play. And no, I don't believe that this move has put it behind us (yet).
- Stagflation or deflation? If Elmer pumps more juice into the system, we prolly see an exacerbation of the former (and a fugly dollar). If he lets the Minx walk without crutches, we'll likely see the latter (along with a snappy greenback). Either way, we've got some serious issues.
- Yes, Dany--I'm still looking up and saying "thank you" for the fact that you were looking when I fired that relay home.
- Was everyone front-running the "inevitable" crude pullback last week?
- Before I scooted to the Butte, we spoke about the positive divergence in the piggies and the "bid below" in many of the mainstays. Sure nuff....
- The DAX has poked through 3700--please keep an eye on this.
- The metals are gettin' hit like a David Miller pitch. Ditto for fixed income.
- Snaps to "Tickle me" Tuttle for being the nice guy he is. After a full night of Texas hold 'em at Kochevar's, Kevin gave the locals back their lost coin.
- If Minyanfest was gymnastics, we would have stuck the landing with the Saturday night Smores.
- The semis are testing the downtrend line from the beginning of July.
- Thank you Stephanie for everything you did and everything you are.
- I learned something from every presentation. Fascinating stuff. And yes, we will be sending all attendees a contact list of new friends in the Minyan network.
- The ability not to trade is as important as trading ability.
- Does The Slogar deliver?
- We'll elongate the 'fest next year and include a round of semi-final softball before the championship game. And James Wilkes is on MY team!
- The dollar index held (and bounced) right near DXY 88 support and has edged through both the 50- and 200-day support.
- Snoop Tony Dwyer and Kevin "Pepe" Depew will be back on the 'Ville if I have anything to say about it. They are Minyans to the core. On a separate note, video excepts of Snoop's Elaine dance will soon appear on the Critters Gone Wild: 'Fest in the West edition.
- We're now entering the post-earning quiet period. As such, fundies prolly drop to the bottom of the metric food chain and psychology upticks in relative weighting.
- When Google turns (GOOG:NASD), the tape likely follows.
- It's amazing what happens when you get smart people with common values together.
- If you keep setting higher goals for yourself, you'll never enjoy how far you've come.
- Has anyone seen a black Tumi bag?
- Next year, EVERYONE brings the fam!
- Keep an eye on Wal-Mart (WMT:NYSE)--it's creepin' while ya sleepin'.
- Now we can say it--our projector got lost in transit on the way to the Butte (where IS Pueblo, Colorado?). Many thanks to the CBFD for coming to our rescue and saving the day!
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter