- How many of you have the number "6" scribbled on your note pads?
- The critters will be making their first appearance on Bloomberg radio today. Wait...can you appear on radio?
- Prayers to all the good people in the Middle East who are living in fear of terrorism.
- I understand that this morning's stop levels were a little confusing but please understand that I can only write so fast. The market is dynamic and there will be times that I augment my trading approach as a function of the action. I will always be honest with the Minyanship--you know that--and while the Boo jiggle may have seemed inconsistent, my intentions were pure. To be clear: for purposes of my imagery, I will go on vacation in the buff. I will, however, carry my defined risk puts in the financials as I want to maintain that bias.
- The light at the end of the tunnel that everybody is running towards could be a train.
- The original name of "7 up," when created in 1929, was "Bib-label Lithiated Lemon-Lime Soda"
- The plight of the bears is like little kids sitting in the backseat of a car on the way to vacation. "Are we there yet? Are we there yet?" Wallyworld awaits...but man, it's been a long drive!
- Rosa Flecksicana!
- The best fades are always the hardest fades.
- The Fannie Mae (FNM:NYSE) conundrum is that it's my most intuitive short idea (three ways to win: housing bubble, derivative bubble, debt bubble) but it's become a crowded cult short (and thus, prone to potential snappers). I will remind you (again) that this is not advice--we don't do that here. I share this with you because the fate of this company has monstrous implications for the health of our financial system.
- Carter Mansbach--go left!
- We are now peeking through the S&P trendline from the August 6 mini-low .
- Is Barry Bonds reading Random Thoughts?
- Michael Dell dumped another 10,000,000 shares this week (it's good to be the king)--but don't worry, business is getting better!
- What's your favorite Gene Hackman role?
- Are you in a funk? Not happy? Snap out of it! Life's too short to walk around pissed off!
- Happy Birthday Penn!
- I think Fokker is secretly gonna miss me.
- Succo's a natural.
- The buyers are always higher and the sellers are always lower.
- BKX 870 is "a" level. BKX 850 is "the" level.
- It's gonna thin out as we edge closer to the close.
- When does retail roll?
- When you're celebrating your holiday, please don't drink and drive. If you need reinforcement, visit my brother Joel.
- Breadth is 2:1 negative across the board.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter