By Todd Harrison Aug 22, 2003 11:48 am
- How many of you have the number "6" scribbled on your note pads?
- The critters will be making their first appearance on Bloomberg radio today. Wait...can you appear on radio?
- Prayers to all the good people in the Middle East who are living in fear of terrorism.
- I understand that this morning's stop levels were a little confusing but please understand that I can only write so fast. The market is dynamic and there will be times that I augment my trading approach as a function of the action. I will always be honest with the Minyanship--you know that--and while the Boo jiggle may have seemed inconsistent, my intentions were pure. To be clear: for purposes of my imagery, I will go on vacation in the buff. I will, however, carry my defined risk puts in the financials as I want to maintain that bias.
- The light at the end of the tunnel that everybody is running towards could be a train.
- The original name of "7 up," when created in 1929, was "Bib-label Lithiated Lemon-Lime Soda"
- The plight of the bears is like little kids sitting in the backseat of a car on the way to vacation. "Are we there yet? Are we there yet?" Wallyworld awaits...but man, it's been a long drive!
- Rosa Flecksicana!
- The best fades are always the hardest fades.
- The Fannie Mae (FNM:NYSE) conundrum is that it's my most intuitive short idea (three ways to win: housing bubble, derivative bubble, debt bubble) but it's become a crowded cult short (and thus, prone to potential snappers). I will remind you (again) that this is not advice--we don't do that here. I share this with you because the fate of this company has monstrous implications for the health of our financial system.
- Carter Mansbach--go left!
- We are now peeking through the S&P trendline from the August 6 mini-low .
- Is Barry Bonds reading Random Thoughts?
- Michael Dell dumped another 10,000,000 shares this week (it's good to be the king)--but don't worry, business is getting better!
- What's your favorite Gene Hackman role?
- Are you in a funk? Not happy? Snap out of it! Life's too short to walk around pissed off!
- Happy Birthday Penn!
- I think Fokker is secretly gonna miss me.
- Succo's a natural.
- The buyers are always higher and the sellers are always lower.
- BKX 870 is "a" level. BKX 850 is "the" level.
- It's gonna thin out as we edge closer to the close.
- When does retail roll?
- When you're celebrating your holiday, please don't drink and drive. If you need reinforcement, visit my brother Joel.
- Breadth is 2:1 negative across the board.
position in fnm, spx
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter