More Random Thoughts!
By Todd Harrison Aug 21, 2003 2:41 pm
May peace be with you!
- The positive breadth has been impressive all day. Hasn't budged.
- If you're right handed, sit at your desk and move your right leg in clockwise circles. While doing this, draw the number "6." Your leg will start moving in the opposite direction.
- The trend channel is still in place for the S&P. The bands are now 1002 and 1012 (it's an upward sloping band).
- What ever happened to Phil Collins?
- If you or your firm is interested in sponsoring the Critters Choice Awards, please click here.
- Take a good, hard look at the greenback here. In a few years, these levels will seem like a pipe dream.
- Speaking of pipe dreams, who else misses the parking lots before Grateful Dead shows?
- In the early 80's, energy accounted for 30% of the S&P (before getting crushed). In the late 90's, tech accounted for 30% of the S&P (you know what happened then). The financials are slowly approaching 30%. Are you really gonna be that surprised?
- These cyclicals are firmer than a college cheerleader.
- Later on the day, my homie Dr. Dre came through with a gang of Tanqueray...
- With all due respect to Willie Mays and Babe Ruth, Barry Bonds deserves to be discussed in the same breath. It's not a popularity contest...I'm talking pure talent.
- I just gotta say it because there are only so many times a sports fan is in this position. Congrats to Syracuse on the NCAA National Championship and the Raiders for being the defending A.F.C champs!
- Are you bullish? I mean bearish? I mean bullish? I mean bearish? (hint)
- For all you Intel-heads (INTC:NASD), please note that this morning's pop officially filled the gap from last summer.
- There's not a day that goes by that I'm not thankful for the team that surrounds me. And yes, Fokker, that includes you.
- What are the odds that I leave tonight's Succo and Fleckfest bullish?
- Sorry Adam, but the Ravens are gonna Oriole their season away.
- Gap Stores (GPS:NYSE), Marvell Tech (MRVL:NASD) and Autodesk (ADSK:NASD) report earnings tonight.
- For those who missed yesterday's column, I will be taking next week off. Tony, Succo, Kevin, Jason and Fokker (through Wednesday) will have the con. Brian, Scotto and I will try to swing by for an occasional column but, as I'm a big believer of turning it off and tuning it out, I can't make any commitments.
- Wake up Nipples Neuberger!
- The bottom of the S&P trend channel is being kissed right now.
- Gold has lost some luster today and is getting clipped for a finski.
- Abby's back! Shocker Fokker!
- Bron Bron = Bling Bling!
- Despite the minty breadth, I'm prolly gonna leave my leg in the bear costume for one more day and use S&P 1010 as a strict stop. There's a part of me that's waiting for the daily jam job (higher) but when you set limits, it removes emotion.
position in spx, smh
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter