More Random Thoughts!
May peace be with you!
- The positive breadth has been impressive all day. Hasn't budged.
- If you're right handed, sit at your desk and move your right leg in clockwise circles. While doing this, draw the number "6." Your leg will start moving in the opposite direction.
- The trend channel is still in place for the S&P. The bands are now 1002 and 1012 (it's an upward sloping band).
- What ever happened to Phil Collins?
- If you or your firm is interested in sponsoring the Critters Choice Awards, please click here.
- Take a good, hard look at the greenback here. In a few years, these levels will seem like a pipe dream.
- Speaking of pipe dreams, who else misses the parking lots before Grateful Dead shows?
- In the early 80's, energy accounted for 30% of the S&P (before getting crushed). In the late 90's, tech accounted for 30% of the S&P (you know what happened then). The financials are slowly approaching 30%. Are you really gonna be that surprised?
- These cyclicals are firmer than a college cheerleader.
- Later on the day, my homie Dr. Dre came through with a gang of Tanqueray...
- With all due respect to Willie Mays and Babe Ruth, Barry Bonds deserves to be discussed in the same breath. It's not a popularity contest...I'm talking pure talent.
- I just gotta say it because there are only so many times a sports fan is in this position. Congrats to Syracuse on the NCAA National Championship and the Raiders for being the defending A.F.C champs!
- Are you bullish? I mean bearish? I mean bullish? I mean bearish? (hint)
- For all you Intel-heads (INTC:NASD), please note that this morning's pop officially filled the gap from last summer.
- There's not a day that goes by that I'm not thankful for the team that surrounds me. And yes, Fokker, that includes you.
- What are the odds that I leave tonight's Succo and Fleckfest bullish?
- Sorry Adam, but the Ravens are gonna Oriole their season away.
- Gap Stores (GPS:NYSE), Marvell Tech (MRVL:NASD) and Autodesk (ADSK:NASD) report earnings tonight.
- For those who missed yesterday's column, I will be taking next week off. Tony, Succo, Kevin, Jason and Fokker (through Wednesday) will have the con. Brian, Scotto and I will try to swing by for an occasional column but, as I'm a big believer of turning it off and tuning it out, I can't make any commitments.
- Wake up Nipples Neuberger!
- The bottom of the S&P trend channel is being kissed right now.
- Gold has lost some luster today and is getting clipped for a finski.
- Abby's back! Shocker Fokker!
- Bron Bron = Bling Bling!
- Despite the minty breadth, I'm prolly gonna leave my leg in the bear costume for one more day and use S&P 1010 as a strict stop. There's a part of me that's waiting for the daily jam job (higher) but when you set limits, it removes emotion.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter