- I would like to put the speculation to rest. Daisy has never even been in Jackson, Michigan!
- Despite the green seas, the financials still "feel" as if they're under distribution. It's early (and it could change) but they're relatively soft.
- On a 21-day S&P chart (SPX index GIP 21 on Bloomie), there's a very defined trend channel from the August 6th lows. The top end is currently sitting at 1010 while the bottom end is floating around the G-Spot (S&P 1000).
- Did you know that Berger was in Swingers?
- Wait, the stronger dollar is good for stocks too?
- They're finally fixing my air conditioner....just in time for September.
- That SOX 400 buy signal was powerful signal and will act as support on a re-test.
- If you're looking to fade (read: sell) this rally, S&P 1010 is a natural stop level.
- Nose hair is nasty but ear hair is nastier.
- Heading into September, the box score reads as follows: Boo 2, Hoofy 3, Sammy 2, TBA 1
- The retailers are starting to sprout pimples (red spots). That's not to be confused with acne (breakouts).
- Fleck, Succo and I might have to talk Boo off the ledge if he's gonna join us for tonight's bear, er, roundtable.
- Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes.
- Breakouts are a two-sided sword. Either they work and it seems obvious in hindsight (SOX) or they're false and catch everyone leaning the wrong way.
- The plastic things on the end of shoelaces are called aglets.
- I'm watching Bank of America (BAC:NYSE) and it trades heavy. Still, the overall market breadth hangs tough.
- Gas futures are up 8%.
- Redundant thought: If a Viagra gets caught in your throat, do you get a stiff neck?
- Just for old times sake, let's put one leg in the bear costume (25% conviction on the short side) with a tight S&P 1010 stop.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter