By Todd Harrison Aug 20, 2003 12:28 pm
I guess misery loves company....and margaritas!
- Paging Dr. Emil Schlufhaussen! Paging Dr. Emil Schlufhaussen!
- Chatter continues to make the rounds that a large fixed income hedge fund blew up. I can't confirm or deny whether it's true but it's getting loud and I wanted to make sure you heard it.
- Gold is shiny today and the mining stocks are tagging along.
- These semis still feel crowded.
- Does Barry Bonds have to be included in any discussion of the all-time best ballplayers?
- Is this why the punter punted his Microsoft (MSFT:NASD) calls?
- Dinosaurs walked on their toes.
- Bin capture rumors are getting around again.
- One of the toughest things to do when trading is maintain a level of intensity while doing less.
- The end of August has been the beginning of pain the last three years. I don't "think" this year will be any different.
- John "You're all" Dunn--be very careful, the pen is mightier than the sword.
- We've seen a fair amount of call buyers in the drillers (on the heels of this morning's data).
- After careful consideration and much deliberation, I'm likely gonna practice what I preach and take next week off.
- I think I got the black lung, Pa!
- Ford Model T for sale by original owner! Contact Neil Glassman.
- Fleck, Succo, Boo and I are having drinks tomorrow night. That's a fearsome foursome!
- The Nazz feels like it "wants" to rally in the face of Hewlett (HPQ:NASD)...but I still think higher prices are an ursine gift.
- There are stories of an economic recovery everywhere you look. That, to me, is one of the most bearish elements of our current juncture.
- I like my risk profile right now (think big "V"). I've got a bunch of puts in the financials (and smattered tech/indices), some "situational" breakout longs in select industrials/semis and a dose of gold mining stocks/drillers just for schnitz and giggles. Net/net, I'm leaning short with positive gamma.
- Now that I've shown you mine, will you show me yours?
- You don't realize how old you are until the morning after playing full court basketball.
- Watch Wells Fargo (WFC:NYSE) as a California proxy.
- Minyan Trivia: In every Vacation movie, Rusty and Audrey have a wish. What was it? The first correct answer sent to firstname.lastname@example.org wins his or her choice of a rockin' Minyanville tee!
position in wfc.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter