I guess misery loves company....and margaritas!
- Paging Dr. Emil Schlufhaussen! Paging Dr. Emil Schlufhaussen!
- Chatter continues to make the rounds that a large fixed income hedge fund blew up. I can't confirm or deny whether it's true but it's getting loud and I wanted to make sure you heard it.
- Gold is shiny today and the mining stocks are tagging along.
- These semis still feel crowded.
- Does Barry Bonds have to be included in any discussion of the all-time best ballplayers?
- Is this why the punter punted his Microsoft (MSFT:NASD) calls?
- Dinosaurs walked on their toes.
- Bin capture rumors are getting around again.
- One of the toughest things to do when trading is maintain a level of intensity while doing less.
- The end of August has been the beginning of pain the last three years. I don't "think" this year will be any different.
- John "You're all" Dunn--be very careful, the pen is mightier than the sword.
- We've seen a fair amount of call buyers in the drillers (on the heels of this morning's data).
- After careful consideration and much deliberation, I'm likely gonna practice what I preach and take next week off.
- I think I got the black lung, Pa!
- Ford Model T for sale by original owner! Contact Neil Glassman.
- Fleck, Succo, Boo and I are having drinks tomorrow night. That's a fearsome foursome!
- The Nazz feels like it "wants" to rally in the face of Hewlett (HPQ:NASD)...but I still think higher prices are an ursine gift.
- There are stories of an economic recovery everywhere you look. That, to me, is one of the most bearish elements of our current juncture.
- I like my risk profile right now (think big "V"). I've got a bunch of puts in the financials (and smattered tech/indices), some "situational" breakout longs in select industrials/semis and a dose of gold mining stocks/drillers just for schnitz and giggles. Net/net, I'm leaning short with positive gamma.
- Now that I've shown you mine, will you show me yours?
- You don't realize how old you are until the morning after playing full court basketball.
- Watch Wells Fargo (WFC:NYSE) as a California proxy.
- Minyan Trivia: In every Vacation movie, Rusty and Audrey have a wish. What was it? The first correct answer sent to firstname.lastname@example.org wins his or her choice of a rockin' Minyanville tee!
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter