By Todd Harrison Aug 02, 2005 11:42 am
Hey Toddo--wanna hug?
- Will this work in Red Dye?
- Sharing the vibe from the morning Buzz:
- Money, Mouth and Turnin' South (10:14 AM)
I may be spittin' in the Minxy wind--our trading tells are surely snazzy--but defined risk removes emotion and allows for trading tries. I'm gonna slip two legs in my bear costume (50% conviction on the short side) an set a stop around S&P 1255ish. I may be right--or I may be crazy--but I'll always be honest.
- Mini-Minyan Mailbag (10:27 AM)
"Toddo- what's the reasoning for the costume cameo? I've got the equity enema thing going on over here! Do you see something I don't? Minyan TC"
It's a frisky fade, for sure, and one that wouldn't be attempted without uber-defined risk. I'm looking at the Fibonacci retracement above, lethargy in the biotechs and trannies (which may be a simple rotation) and a general acceptance of further upside.
Again, it rarely pays to take the other side of strong internals but setting stops removes emotion. Am I forcing a posture? I'll tell you in a few percent, cookie...
- A picture is worth a 1000 words.
- "I'm with Kevin all the way on the weak technical picture for the Dow 30. We combine the technicals with various sentiment indicators on our Equity Scorecard that ranks individual stocks from "0" (lowest) to "10" (highest). Of the 30 Dow stocks, we rank just two at or above the "8" level that delineates potential buys. And 10 are ranked in the "sell" zone at "3" or less." -- Bernie Schaeffer on today's Buzz.
- I knew Pepe was my wingman but this takes it to an entirely new level!
- Miles...and Maisy.
- Ethel and Julius would be proud.
- Where's Lloyd Christmas when you need him?
- We may have to separate Vitaliy and Laurie when they converge in Ojai!
- MVHQ will be broadcasting from Ojai the week of August 15th. While the tone and tenor of our content will shift somewhat, we'll be doing our best to share the vibe from MiM2. Thanks kindly in advance for your understanding as this event is an important milestone in the Minyanville mission.
- Here's a fragrance that's here to stay and they call it, Hussman!
- Meanwhile, over at the Roach Motel...
- I'll see that case of Pabst Blue Ribbon and raise you a case...
- Horror story!
- Professor Fleckenstein is in the house!
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter