Hey Toddo--wanna hug?
- Will this work in Red Dye?
- Sharing the vibe from the morning Buzz:
- Money, Mouth and Turnin' South (10:14 AM)
I may be spittin' in the Minxy wind--our trading tells are surely snazzy--but defined risk removes emotion and allows for trading tries. I'm gonna slip two legs in my bear costume (50% conviction on the short side) an set a stop around S&P 1255ish. I may be right--or I may be crazy--but I'll always be honest.
- Mini-Minyan Mailbag (10:27 AM)
"Toddo- what's the reasoning for the costume cameo? I've got the equity enema thing going on over here! Do you see something I don't? Minyan TC"
It's a frisky fade, for sure, and one that wouldn't be attempted without uber-defined risk. I'm looking at the Fibonacci retracement above, lethargy in the biotechs and trannies (which may be a simple rotation) and a general acceptance of further upside.
Again, it rarely pays to take the other side of strong internals but setting stops removes emotion. Am I forcing a posture? I'll tell you in a few percent, cookie...
- A picture is worth a 1000 words.
- "I'm with Kevin all the way on the weak technical picture for the Dow 30. We combine the technicals with various sentiment indicators on our Equity Scorecard that ranks individual stocks from "0" (lowest) to "10" (highest). Of the 30 Dow stocks, we rank just two at or above the "8" level that delineates potential buys. And 10 are ranked in the "sell" zone at "3" or less." -- Bernie Schaeffer on today's Buzz.
- I knew Pepe was my wingman but this takes it to an entirely new level!
- Miles...and Maisy.
- Ethel and Julius would be proud.
- Where's Lloyd Christmas when you need him?
- We may have to separate Vitaliy and Laurie when they converge in Ojai!
- MVHQ will be broadcasting from Ojai the week of August 15th. While the tone and tenor of our content will shift somewhat, we'll be doing our best to share the vibe from MiM2. Thanks kindly in advance for your understanding as this event is an important milestone in the Minyanville mission.
- Here's a fragrance that's here to stay and they call it, Hussman!
- Meanwhile, over at the Roach Motel...
- I'll see that case of Pabst Blue Ribbon and raise you a case...
- Horror story!
- Professor Fleckenstein is in the house!
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter