I don't know about you, but I'M ready for the weekend!
- In the middle of the chaos, Fokker, Succo and I settled into an outdoor cafe and discussed the meaning of life over a few sangrias.
- Brokers have begun assigning value to the blackout with some estimating GDP revisions. Does anybody else smell an eventual rationalization?
- Only three out of ten people can flare their nostrils.
- I estimate that I've navigated more than 100 flights of stairs since this mess began.
- Super Bowl Sunday has more parties than New Year's Eve.
- There are almost a dozen doctors in the U.S with the last name of "Nurse."
- My mother always told me to keep a flashlight and battery operated radio in my house. Shoulda listened.
- How many of you tried to flare your nostrils?
- Capstone Turbine (CPST:NASD) was up 8% yesterday and traded twice the average daily volume.
- The northeast sushi market plunged last night.
- The supply/demand equilibrium is convoluted in almost every market.
- Ice Cube's real name is O'Shea Jackson.
- If (huge if) this blackout wasn't an "honest mistake," would the government tell us?
- Thank you Bear Stearns!
- Next week's economic data: Consumer confidence and housing starts on Tuesday. Initial claims, leading indicators and the Philly cheese steak on Thursday.
- I didn't see a single cop until about 9pm last night.
- Expiration "pins" sometimes present trading opportunities by artificially pulling stocks towards strikes.
- A young lady passed out from heat exhaustion in front of my building last night and New Yorkers did what New Yorkers do--we took care of our own.
- Two midgets can produce a normal sized child. I suppose the whole is greater than the sum of the parts!
- Welcome Rice Owls!
- There was some serious whippage in the futures market last night. I wonder how many of the fresh shorts have covered up?
- If we don't know what caused the blackout, how do we know what didn't cause it?
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter