Who's afraid of a little Snow?
- "If I ever lose my mind, I hope that an honest person finds it and puts it in the Lost & Found" - George Carlin
- Treasury Secretary Snow--who has been laughing in the face of mounting evidence--today came out and said that the world economy "appears to be slowing." That statement, which hit the tape around high noon, coincided with the pause in Snapper's cause. I don't "think" that his omniscient observation, in and of itself, will turn the tape lower (although the media will certainly assign it as a reason to the crimson rhyme).
- Minyan summer camp, er, the Minyan Mountain Minglefest is less than a week away. I'll be making my way to the 'Butte tomorrow and getting the critters hydrated for their big shindig. The professors are jacked--particularly Dr. Dots and Plots Rich Gula--and I'm certain that this will pave the way to many happy returns. Daisy has been putting together a superb gift bag and every man, woman, child and critter attending this year's festivities has a lot to look forward to!
- The combination of the NASDAQ trendline, constructive stochastics and newbie cubs (shorts) continues to set the stage for a possible Snapper. It may (or may not) happen today but if we can hold these levels and the weekend is quiet, the potential for a counter-trend bounce is certainly there.
- Royale w/ Cheese.
- The greenback is givin' some greenback (on the heels of the massive trade deficit) and has dropped through both the 50- and 200-day moving averages. DXY 88--there now--is decent support.
- If the coming election was a movie, it would be No Way Out.
- And NASDAQ 5000 was a good buying opportunity.
- My dirty little secret is getting out!
- I'm already hearing the arguments that fundies are getting cheap on a P/E basis. Two caveats: The "E" can still fall and, even if it doesn't, the multiples can continue to contract.
- Fokker Kahn. Fokker Kahn!
- The biowrecks have hiccuped 2% lower.
- Stagflation or deflation? Tell me how fluid Elmer's hose will be in the years ahead and I'll answer the question.
- If you're ONLY reading the Randoms--and yes, I'm talking to you--you're missing some of the very best content in the 'Ville.
- Gold is probing $400 resistance on the heels of the sloppy dollar.
- A horse is a horse, of course of course...
- Team Minyan is busy preparing the Minyanville chocolate bars for Smoresfest USA.
- Intel (INTC:NASD) has been down for nine straight days.
- Randoms from the 'Butte?
- There's nothing wrong with a little pizza on our time.
- Did you really think I'd leave ya hangin' on the Randoms?
- Daisy isn't invited to the Minyan BBQ at the Reamers for obvious reasons. Why do I get the sense that Tony Dwyer will be MIA all of a sudden.
- RIP Julia Child.
- I'm out next week and the content may be a bit laggy as the professors make their way to the 'Butte. Thanks kindly (in advance) for your understanding and fare ye well through August expiration!
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter