Random Thoughts Jr.
- The S&P futes dipped pretty hard as the bonds closed. I haven't heard of alligators in our midst but if they were out there (out of bonds, into stocks)--and got cleaned up at 3pm--it would help explain some of today's trippy action.
- I've gotten a lot of questions on the semiconductor space today. I haven't heard anything particular (I don't think Applied Materials (AMAT:NASD) is the cause) but after the flow we've seen the last few days (put buyers galore), my sense is that there's some serious squeezage going on.
- That was a helluva catch by Ah-nold.
- There's a lot of cross-currents underneath today's tide. Bonds, semis, Fannie Mae (FNM:NYSE), crude (getting hammered), gold (ripping), expiration. Wish bone city.
- I will be appearing on CNBC Squawk Box tomorrow morning with my friend Rick Schottenfeld. Remember, the camera adds ten pounds...and I hear they're using three cameras!
- As a reminder, Minyanville is an educational community and NOT financial advice. We share our thoughts with hopes that they add to yours but, at the end of the day, the responsibility of financial decisions is yours alone.
- The N's over S's continues.
- Watch the 50-day moving averages as we tickle towards the close.
- Fare ye well.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter