Boo's my daddy?
- Keep this freak away from the 'Ville!
- Hawkish vibes in the Middle East.
- View obstacles as opportunities. It'll make a massive difference in your professional and personal path.
- "If our Japanese were better we'd consider moving our operation to Tokyo. That's how impressed we are with the breakout and acceleration in the index. One of our favorite confirming indications is the price action of the banks. We have put in a long-term chart of the Nikkei bank index. Using a simple moving average cross-over system has provided reliable indication of trend, and this index has been in an uptrend for months. One thing to remember when buying stocks is that when a market emerges from a bear market you should not fear strength; the strength, particularly those confirmed by group action." Vibes from Lehman Scribe Jeff DeGraaf
- A peek inside Farley's high school locker.
- "JPM could be suffering from Fannie Mae (FNM) blues, that stock trading near five year lows. JPM and FNM are sisters, joined at the derivative hip. As my position declines in FNM, I begin to build one in JPM." -John Succo on today's buzz (John has a position in fnm and jpm)
- The triple lindy!
- NDX 1582 was yesterday's low. As was S&P 1228. Keep both on ye radar please.
- The world's smallest wetsuits?
- I've still got both paws in my metaphorical fur (50% conviction on the short-side) but I'll be buff (sans costume) by the time we fly in the sky to Ojai.
- Why can't I get the image of the energy stocks running down the field and "lateraling" the ball to the metals?
- SOX statue? The semis continue to whisper 450 gently in my ear.
- Dude! Dell is getting stoned (-8%).
- There are few folks who I respect more than John Succo. That being said, he and I have a date with destiny (Saturday 1 PM) and the gloves will come off when the mitts are on!
- Mini-Minyan Mailbag: Toddo- I was watching a show on CNBC the other night (no names mentioned) and they were having the "lightning round." I know very little about energy but I can tell you that 4 out of 5 questions were on energy, the other question being on tech. I know your long-term thesis but I believe we have reached some sort of extreme even if this is the sector for years to come. peace, Minyan JB" MJB, Yes-I don't disagree that there is a meaty energy pullback somewhere in our midst. My point this morning was that, as a function of my secular beliefs, I prefer to pick my spots on the buy side (in this group and the metals) while picking my spots on the sell-side in tech and financials. "
- My content will be a bit sparse next week as I focus on the task at hand. Thanks in advance for understanding as we build upon the Minyanville mission.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter