Gotta little itch, huh?
- Is this a precursor to hell freezing over?
- From the Ojai welcome note: "Be intensely casual, both in perspective and clothing. We're in the mountains and our mood and 'tude should reflect that."
- This jibes with the inversion perversion that we often discuss in the 'Ville.
- I see dead people? With gold up $9 and crude actin' loco, it shouldn't be a shocker to see the CRB lifting to new '05 highs.
- Critter Nation!
- "Underneath the hood it's a bit mixed; net new buy signals on the NYSE slightly outnumber net new sell signals, NASDAQ sell signals handily outpacing net new buys. The NYSE could change very quickly, however, with any slight push below yesterday's lows, so keep a hand up if dancing with Hoofy." -- Pepe Depew on today's Buzz.
- Crazy legs crude continues the climb to $100/brl. I offered earlier this year that that level wouldn't shock me but I'd be lying if I said that I thought it was this year's business!
- Chinese food for thought.
- Iran. I ran so far away. (couldn't get away)
- Mini-Minyan Mailbag: "Toddo, I find a day like today much more difficult to trade. Is it just me? Today feels much tougher than yesterday? Minyan WW"
MWW- Then don't trade! As we edge through the long, hard road, the onus will be on us to pick our spots and stay disciplined. I'll say it again because I firmly believe it--the ability not to trade will be as important as trading ability. You simply have to mentally prepare yourself for "missing" a move. That psychology is one of the toughest things to learn in this business but it's one that will serve you in good stead as we edge forward through the muck.
- Funny-I play this role every day!
- Will you really be that surprised when multiple contraction arrives? As each of our four primary metrics are inherently flawed as individual approaches, it seems to me that the pure fundamentalists may get caught in the "cheap and cheaper" trap.
- Christopher Columbus can't be happy.
- Or maybe he is?
- I've still got two legs in that frisky fur although I'm admittedly getting itchy. Not because I think Hoofy is gonna stuff Boo's "bovine summer bummer thesis," but because I'm gonna be away from the screens for the better part of next week and I've learned that risk in absence is not risk worth taking.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter