I've lost my mojo!
- The recent trend reversion has the semis and software outperforming while the brokers and retail underperform.
- After considerable debate, my niece and nephew decided upon "Slurpee" and "Bruiser" as names for their new fish. There was a minor crisis, however, when 3 year old Bradley wanted his fish to sleep with him. That's when I let his father handle the situation.
- I'm still playing Fannie Mae (FNM:NYSE) from the short side and will continue to do so until it's a teenager. My concern, however, is that it became a "cult short" and that may offer some support in the near-term. Please understand that I'm not advising you to act in this name--I've been involved for a long time and share my thoughts with hopes they add to yours.
- Professor Reynolds is swingin' by for a protein print. He's not a big sushi fan...but we're gonna try to convert our resident bond guru.
- The mechanics of the swing are more important than the results of the at bat.
- Minyan Trivia: What are the first two acts of Festivus? The first Minyan to send the correct answer to email@example.com will receive their choice of a spankin' brand new Minyanville tee!
- We tried to officially enter Sammy into the California Gubernatorial race. No, I'm not joking.
- Do you trade too frenetic? That's a common occurrence in our profession and it happens to the best of us. Patience and discipline are the two hardest components of successful trading.
- Watch those financials, cookiepuss, they'll tell the tale.
- Fleck just called in (from vacation no less) and we talked metals. I like it when he and I are on the same page...although I'd prefer to buy some of these issues on pullbacks.
- I think this tape has some serious issues. I know people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones but that's how I feel.
- My brother turned me on to the new Clapton DVD (Live in Hyde Park) and it's phenomenal.
- I saw Adaptation over the weekend and thought it was fantastic.
- More toilets flush at half time of the Super Bowl than during any other time of the year.
- There was a time in my life when a summer weekend equated to parties and play dough. Now, my weekend of choice includes quiet time with my brother and play time with his kids. What a great trade!
- Brian's here, so I'm gonna cut Random Thoughts short today.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter