By Todd Harrison Aug 11, 2003 12:01 pm
I've lost my mojo!
- The recent trend reversion has the semis and software outperforming while the brokers and retail underperform.
- After considerable debate, my niece and nephew decided upon "Slurpee" and "Bruiser" as names for their new fish. There was a minor crisis, however, when 3 year old Bradley wanted his fish to sleep with him. That's when I let his father handle the situation.
- I'm still playing Fannie Mae (FNM:NYSE) from the short side and will continue to do so until it's a teenager. My concern, however, is that it became a "cult short" and that may offer some support in the near-term. Please understand that I'm not advising you to act in this name--I've been involved for a long time and share my thoughts with hopes they add to yours.
- Professor Reynolds is swingin' by for a protein print. He's not a big sushi fan...but we're gonna try to convert our resident bond guru.
- The mechanics of the swing are more important than the results of the at bat.
- Minyan Trivia: What are the first two acts of Festivus? The first Minyan to send the correct answer to firstname.lastname@example.org will receive their choice of a spankin' brand new Minyanville tee!
- We tried to officially enter Sammy into the California Gubernatorial race. No, I'm not joking.
- Do you trade too frenetic? That's a common occurrence in our profession and it happens to the best of us. Patience and discipline are the two hardest components of successful trading.
- Watch those financials, cookiepuss, they'll tell the tale.
- Fleck just called in (from vacation no less) and we talked metals. I like it when he and I are on the same page...although I'd prefer to buy some of these issues on pullbacks.
- I think this tape has some serious issues. I know people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones but that's how I feel.
- My brother turned me on to the new Clapton DVD (Live in Hyde Park) and it's phenomenal.
- I saw Adaptation over the weekend and thought it was fantastic.
- More toilets flush at half time of the Super Bowl than during any other time of the year.
- There was a time in my life when a summer weekend equated to parties and play dough. Now, my weekend of choice includes quiet time with my brother and play time with his kids. What a great trade!
- Brian's here, so I'm gonna cut Random Thoughts short today.
position in fnm
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter