The ducks are lining up if Elmer doesn't pull the plug.
- Mama always said that there was no such thing as a free lunch.
- "We offer the party as a big tent. How we do that within the platform, the preamble to the platform, or whatnot, that remains to be seen. But that message will have to be articulated with great clarity." -- Dan Quayle
- I've already started guzzling water in an effort to hydrate for the 'Butte.
- There's a nice gap from S&P 1075 to S&P 1080. And that level, of course, is our first resistance.
- Lehman's aptly named technical analyst Jeff DeGraaf is in the midst of a conference call highlighting the "break" at S&P 1080 and the "surprisingly complacent" sentiment. His liquidity indicators are "deteriorating" as distribution outpaces accumulation. He also sees a bull market in the energy sector fwiw.
- Is Elmer gonna blame crude as the cause of the "soft patch?"
- Please put limits on your orders if you're trading the announcement.
- Europe is trying to ride the stateside coattails as we edge through the morning muck. DAX 3700ish is the level to watch as that's the German equivalent to S&P 1080.
- Crude and terrorism aren't responsible for the secular bear market. That honor goes to the bubble and, by extension, Mr. Maestro himself.
- I got the call from ABC at 8:58 am and was in the chair (cross town) at 9:27 am. Hence the ratty tee and facial scruff (not that lead time would have changed either).
- Turn up the volume--it's gonna be hard to hear Elmer from between the rock and his hard place.
- Gold is trying to mount the $400 hump and turn it from resistance to support. Ditto for silver $7.85.
- Are too many people looking for a high volume washout?
- Click shtick! The internets are leading the master beta dance higher.
- I know it's pre-season but I love it when the Donkey's lose.
- Deflation! The owners at the Idle Spur will be offering a 25% beer discount to all Minyan minglers on the eve of our Mountainfest!
- Crude, which briefly banged it's keppe at $45/brl, has retreated as front month futures are 1% lower. Not a huge move in the grand scheme of things but certainly something to keep an eye on.
- Hoofy likes what he sees thus far as the Minx is enjoying broad participation and uber-snazzy breadth. The two caveats? Volume (not confirming) and Elmer. And then, of course, there's Cisco (CSCO:NASD) after the bell.
- I had the strangest dream about Angelina Jolie last night. Seriously.
- "Be careful with corporates. Corporates have been too strong relative to stocks in here. Corporates are like a BLT without the bacon." - Paul McCulley, PIMCO, CNBC, 11:50 AM
- Watch CYC 667--it's where the cyclicals run into the 200-day.
- We continue to get a few Minyans tossing their hat into the Colorado ring each day. In other words, it's not too late to join us for the first annual mountain shindig!
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter