By Todd Harrison Jul 08, 2004 12:08 pm
Any leadership must include participation from the financials.
- Frisky Buffett!
- The metals have poked through last week's high and the "once burned" acne crowd is watching carefully. Fleck offered a smart take on the recent whip in yesterday's Buzz. With everyone and their goldfish buying the breakout last week, the quick melt reeked of crowded (and panicky) longs. Now that they've been shaken from the tree, the pattern has a higher probability of success.
- Technical levels to watch today include NDX 1440 and XBD (brokers) 120. Collins penned a smart chart piece this morning that is absolutely worth a gander.
- When in doubt, wait it out.
- Homeland security advisor Tom Ridge, while leaving the terror alert unchanged, said risk of further terror will increase as we edge closer to the November elections.
- Does anybody know who Debbie Downer is?
- The semicaps have held a bid all session. So have the drugs and the metal names.
- Franklin Raines.
- When is the last time you went bowling?
- Sitting in the Jamaican airport for hours on end, the only saving grace was that "Uncle Buck" was looping on their one televisions station. I made a point to say every line two seconds before it was said on TV with hopes that it would annoy them enough to put me on a friggin' flight!
- Most of my primary stochastics--S&P, BKX, XBD, SOX--are close to 'hooking' positive.
- I missed DSO at Irving Plaza but will be joining Minyan Mark Merolli in Philly for the August 7th Dead show. We might have a miracle, so you know...
- The brokers have started to adopt a better tone.
- Tomorrow is a pretty quiet day on the catalyst front. Fear not--next week will be an absolute scorcher!
- I see dead people!
- Minyan John Roque, the uber-talented technician from Natexis Bleichroeder, continues to compare Nikkei 21,000 (post bubble '93-'94) to S&P 1150-1175.
- NYSE breadth is relatively flat while the four-letter freaks are losin' 9:5.
- Sometimes the light's all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.
- Lotsa technicians are starting to chat up that a close tomorrow below 1135 would bode well for Boo (weekly charts).
- Trading not to lose is the quickest way to lose money.
- Pull the trigger!
- Download your Minyanville instant message icons here!
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter