More Random Thoughts!
Good luck into the close!
- Could my follically challenged situation be a function of these 8 screens?
- There is a fair amount of noise each day in the market. A good trader sifts out the tones and tenor.
- What do FNM and Andre the Giant have in common?
- "A real leader faces the music, even when he doesn't like the tune" --Anonymous
- This is a Sammy type of session (so far).
- Variant thinking sometimes clouds the obvious.
- I keep the S&P futures next to the SPX cash on my screen and the Nazz futures next to the NDX cash. Why? I like to monitor the price action of each underlying index vs. the futures activity. Typically, a "cash led" move (either way) is indicative of truer demand (supply).
- Alright, alright....here it is again.
- At the risk of Hoofy smackin' me upside the head, I'll remind you that selling hope and buying despair has worked like a charm the last few years (even if the timing is off). Just puttin' it out there.
- This is constructive action (thus far) on the heels of yesterday's ramp.
- Why is it that IM's always come in bunches? Very annoying.
- Why am I so busy on a slowish day?
- If you've been struggling, step back and breathe. Then step up and try to make connect....singles first, build up the mojo and play to win.
- The brokers continue to act firm and have poked through the June highs. This is a good example of identifying a horizon and trading vs. investing. I think all these names are acne bound (teenagers in waiting) but got long some this morning on the PERCEPTION of increased investment banking revenue due (M&A activity).
- This is the 'show me' earnings season. The scared bears are beginning to believe that it won't matter and liquidity will trump all. That, on the margin, is a potentially ominous sign.
- Fokker Kahn, Fokker Kahn...
- I miss mountain biking.
- Trannies up a Benjamin. Wow.
- If you're having trouble following the lingo, visit the library and check out the dictionary. If you're jonsin' for some chill fashion vibes or got the munchies, check out the stores on Main Street.
- Congrats to Henry Scholder on his first book, "The Honorable Correspondent."
- Have a peaceful night.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter