The World's Quickest Randoms
Hey Toddo, you think it was some sorta conspiracy or somethin'?
- Apologies to ye faithful as I was slated to arrive back in NYC last night and take today's journey with you. After an eighteen hour flight delay and numerous other travel related anxieties--just call me Del Griffith--I have now returned from my 'relaxing' mini-respite. While I'm certain that there are worse places to be stranded, a crowded Jamaican terminal in triple digit heat (with angry drunk folks from New Jersey) was pretty miserable in its own right.
- My minxy eyes are flying blind as I haven't looked at a screen, computer or newspaper for four days (it felt GREAT!). I will be immersing myself in the muck this evening and hope to have some insightful thoughts to share tomorrow.
- High flyers can dampen sentiment in a hurry. Remember MicroStrategy (MSTR:NASD) circa 2000?
- Citigroup (C:NYSE) $45 remains an important support and a breach of that level will confirm the double breakdown below BKX 96.
- NDX 1450ish is a BIG level--it was June support throughout and is an area where both the 50- and 200-day moving averages reside.
- Stagflation: sluggish economic growth, inflation, high levels of unemployment.
- I am PSYCHED to have Professor Gula join the Minyanville family. His modest yet uber-talented insights is a coup for the critters and we're psyched that he's joined our family. The stories he told Succo and I over our initial dinner is worth the price of admission alone! Welcome aboard Rich!
- Post market randoms lend little value so I'm gonna turn my attention to the pile of 'to dos' sitting to my left. This missive was simply to offer my sincere apologies for Air Jamaica's complete lack of professionalism and service. My greatest concern last night was single minded--I wanted to be here for ye faithful. I promise that I'll make it up to you.
- Have a pleasant and peaceful night!
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter