Have a great session and we'll see YOU at the San Fran Minyanfest!
- Kind smiles to the Macke's female trifecta-mama Kathy, wife Anne and Princess Helena-for a splendid fourth of July respite at their Napa Valley Digs. And thank you Jeff, for the hospitality, friendship and the most worthy competition in the first annual Mini-Macho Olympics. Dusty Rhodes couldn't hold a candle to your American dream.
- In the vein of trading "in between," it's a shame we can't sell a bathroom or a random closet.
- General Fari Hamzei, for whom I have the highest of respect, has asked ye faithful to take a good look at the work of Dennis V. Leontyev. His latest missive has been published on the eSignal site.
- The Suplex Souffle shoulda given it away.
- If the opposite of love is apathy (rather than hate), is the low volatility environment here to stay? It makes sense from the "great weed out" perspective but is tough to stomach from the "we're still here" reality.
- But of course, we prolly already know that.
- I continue to believe that an 'actionable' disconnect exists between perception (implied volatilities) and reality (where vols will trade). I would be genuinely surprised if the VXO doesn't trade well into the 20's by the time baby new year gets here.
- The Scrap Wrap.
- Mini-Minyan Mailbag: "Toddo, I'm leaning towards coming to the Minyans in the Mountains retreat in August but I'm unsure on bringing the wife and kids. Thoughts? Minyan Jon." MJ- There will be plenty of families attending MiM2 and we encourage Minyans to bring the clan. In addition to a world class spa, there will also be a "kid's camp" that might appeal to the little ones.
- (S)he prolly coulda gotten away with it if (s)he woulda been content with a "B".
- I don't have any "top of the head" solutions to the CNOOC conundrum but I will offer that isolationism will further paint our nation into an increasingly dark and dangerous economic corner.
- S&P 1192 (support) and NDX 1508 (resistance) remain levels to watch on this holiday shortened week.
- Ditto BKX par (100) as the piggies will speak volumes if they can somehow poke through that acne.
- When in Rome, or the crunchy confines of Tiburon as the case may be, I've been reintroduced to the world of yoga. Nothing crazy, mind you, just some plain vanilla yoga...
- A Chinese Fire Drill?
- A little love from our friends over at MarketWatch.com.
- Take my cars, please!
- I genuinely thought that Bank of America (BAC) was "best of breed" in the financial complex but the MBNA (KRB) "take" will likely come back to bite them in the caboose.
- Is it me or does the "crude concern" bar continually roll higher?
- Macke has been primpin' for the last few hours in preperation of our 4:00 San Fran Minyanfest at Perry's (Union Street). From there, I'll be swingin' through LA on the way to Ojai for a much anticipated MiM2 site visit. I'll likely be radio silence for the rest of this week but rest assured that we'll be workin' to make our Sundance of Finance very special indeed.
- Many thanks to the squad at MVHQ for taking the con this week. While this is indeed a "working vacation," I wouldn't be able to take this trip without the hard work and tireless dedication of Collins & Co.
- May peace be with you!
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter