I love dull tapes!
- Ho Ho Ho!
- "It took Deere (DE) nearly 6 years to finally move above its 1998 high. The width of this 'base' (35) added onto the breakout level of 64 "counts" to a forecasted technical target of 99. An "investment" stop of 65 makes sense to us." -- Uber-Minyan John Roque of Natexis Bleichroeder
- Bear Call!
- Where the heck is Osama Bin-Laden?
- Refined expectations.
- NYSE internals--surely helped by the fixed income jig--are sittin' 2:1 positive.
- Please watch the yella metal as we edge through the Thursday dew. It's trickled through some reverse dandruff (bullish) and has set its sights on Gold $430 (the 200-day).
- What can Brown do for you?
- Storage, once again, trades a bit laggy.
- I'm just a bill, yeah I'm only a bill...
- Is Google (GOOG) digesting or exhausted? $289ish is a level that's held for over a month and a breach below would speak volumes (on volume).
- Keeping a finger on the pulse of the psychology of war.
- Please keep an eye--a very close eye--on Citigroup (C) as it probes the '05 lows. As the heaviest component of the BKX, which is the focus of the financials, which are the highest weighting in the S&P, it bears attention as we truck through the muck.
- Mauldin on his mind.
- We gotta lotta feedback on this morning's opening mailbag regarding China. I've discussed this dynamic numerous times, offering ample food for thought on OUR protectionist policies and the perception of the US from abroad. I simply wanted to share the "other side" of the trade with hopes that it provoked thought. It seems to have done just that.
- The wishbone option.
- As discussed in yesterday's Buzz, my focus has become increasingly bifurcated as we edge closer to MiM2. And as honesty trades at a premium in the 'Ville, please know that I'm doing a bit less "tape" and a bit more "prep" as we edge to Ojai. We've taken great strides-Tom DeMark's attendance put a pep in our step-and there's lots to do before the critters step on stage. Thanks for sharing this journey with us.
- Hoofy cologne?
- Hedge fund hot potato.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter