By Todd Harrison Jul 28, 2003 11:29 am
Be careful Toddo!
- What do they do with the cheese that would have been in the Swiss holes?
- Do traders watch technical levels because they work or do they work because traders follow them?
- When everyone I speak to thinks that the market breaks out (to the upside), it raises an eyebrow (and a flag!).
- With that said, the herd mentality can/will work in a momentum driven market.
- The bloodletting in bond land is vicious.
- I've had some spirited conversations with Snoop Tone and Brian Reynolds regarding the "melt potential" in the market. While they make a strong case against it, I maintain that the conditional elements are in place. The wildcards? Catalyst and time.
- I saw Seabuscuit last night. Personally, I liked it. A bit long...but a good flick.
- Sometimes there isn't a sufficient edge with which to trade. If that's the case, you can't look back and beat yourself up for missing a move.
- Why do mosquito bites itch?
- I was driving on 57th Street yesterday and saw a doorman waxing the stanchion that held up his awning. How does a guy wax his pole in public like that?
- The gold train continues to chug along.
- Individual issues I'm watching closely today? eBay (EBAY:NASD), Fannie Mae (FNM:NYSE), International Business Machines (IBM:NYSE), Bank of America (BAC:NYSE), KLA Tencor (KLAC:NASD), Wal-Mart (WMT:NYSE).
- On Friday, we had a Minyanville survey asking if the administration was doing a good job. I meant the Bush administration, not the Minyanville administration. Sorry for any confusion.
- I'm looking forward to dinner tonight with Steve Galbraith and the Morgan Stanley summer Minyans, er, interns.
- The Minx/Jinx continues it's uncanny correlation.
- Are you gripping the handlebars too tight? Define your risk via stops and/or options and remove emotion from the equation.
- Condolences to the family of Bob Hope.
- Thus far, the basing vs. churning discussion is unresolved.
- Franks and beans!
- It's thin out there...even for a summer Monday.
- The tone in the semis is (thus far) better than the tone in the BKX. Hence, N's over S's.
- The macro flow is quiet today.
- There are likely some "buy stops" above S&P 1000.
- A single Tylenol pill can kill a cat.
position in ebay, fnm, ibm
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter