More Random Thoughts!
Fare ye well into the bell!
- "Let us never negotiate out of fear. But let us never fear to negotiate" - John F. Kennedy
- Keep Collins Trading Radar in front of ya--lots on tap overnight.
- "I get a little miffed at ballparks not letting you bring in an umbrella. Who do they think I am the Penguin??" -Minyan Dan Meehan
- Alligators in our midst?
- Citi (C:NYSE) and Softy (MSFT:NASD) are misbehavin'.
- Contra-hour was to the upside. For whatever it's worth.
- I hate when people overuse the word like when like they like speak.
- Crude is just plain rude (up another 1.5%). Only eight handles to the big 5-0.
- Minyan RA from San Fran emailed to offer to buy Succo's nephew and his Ranger friend a big, fat, juicy NYC steak. Good timing and many thanks, Rich, as we happen to be taking the fellas out to dinner tonight. That's Minyan spirit at it's very finest.
- (Any Minyan in the Mountain attendees with exceptional softball skills please give me the wink. But don't tell anyone, ok?)
- Scotto double dipped his chips nicely today. Along those lines, Pepe Depew offers that the SOX is at point & figure levels that have been good entry points in the past. Not advice (not here) but ducks are good when they quack in synch.
- How long before the teletubbies start drooling again.
- NDX 1400 is the downtrend line from the July high.
- I am running to the new digs on the bell and taking Collins with me.
- The banks, over-achievers yesterday, aren't givin' a nub today. Still, the brokers are knocking on XBD 120 (former support/resistance) once more.
- "The Investment Company Institute (IC) reported that equity mutual fund cash fell in May 2004 to about $162 billion, 4.2% of net assets, from about $164 billion in February 2004, 4.3%. The cash percentage equals the lowest reading since the 4% reported at the March 2000 market top, the lowest reading since the 1960's." --Phil Roth at Miller-Tabak
- Mountaineer Minyan Malcolm Brown points out the QQQ gap (from Thursday) that will "fill" at $34.96. Nice spot, brah.
- Debbie Downer.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter