By Todd Harrison Jul 26, 2005 12:24 pm
There are mini-Minyans popping up all over the West Coast!
- There's been more motion than movement today as the Minx slinks through turnaround Tuesday. Standout situations include the biotechs (+1.5%), the brokers (XBD -1%), the XAU (-1.5% on the China jawbone), Texan (+5%) and-with that in tow-a flat semi sector.
- Fiscal literacy edges into the collective mindset.
- General Fari Hamzei updates his analogs on the S&P and NASDAQ
- T-minus 23 days until Minyans migrate to the Mountains for our annual Sundance of Finance. The response has been fantastic-from our speakers to attendees to our sponsors to the media coverage-as we ready to bridge the networks of our trusted human capital. Bring the family or fly solo-nobody in Ojai will be alone!
- Put Yuan foot in front of the other...
- "The deteriorating momentum picture for the S&P Diversified Bank Index concerns us first and foremost, but we're also concerned because the momentum indicator peaked from a similar level in 1998, deteriorated until its low in 2000, but price action for the index was, at the very least, unimpressive through early 2003. On a weekly basis, the index is putting in a "lower high" with respect to the action that occurred from November '04- February '05. Furthermore, the weekly momentum indicator for this is also fading. Lastly, relative price action for the S&P Diversified Bank index, which has made no net progress in the last three years, recently made a new lower low to go along with its series of lower highs. Additionally, it is below its downward sloping 200-day moving average." - Uber-Minyan John Roque of Natexis Bleichroeder
- General Electric (GE), hemmin' and hawin' since earnings, remains nestled under a few different resistance levels.
- Congratulations to Minyan Alex Washburn of Summit Capital in Seattle on the newest addition to his "portfolio." Blake Bryant Washburn weighed in at a strapping 7 lbs 15 ounces. Mom and baby are both doing extremely well.
- Elmer on the volatility trap.
- Pump grumps?
- They're ba-a-a-a-a-ck!
- Don't force, Meat, just trade.
- Can't buy me love?
- Don't worry Vince, there are plenty of other fish for Aquarium.
- Weekends with Elmer?
- The Google (GOOG) 50-day resides at 283ish while the 200-day rests at 211. Just a little perspective as we prepare for the lock-up stock.
- Chinese Chicken!
- Isolationist evolution, even if we choose to ignore that it's out there.
- Tree Hugger!
- Dare to dream.
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter