More Random Thoughts!
- With 90% of the votes tallied, more Minyans believe our administration is NOT doing a good job. It was close...and I'm hearing Florida may order a recount.
- The tape is the pinball wizard! After a heckuva lotta ziggin' and zaggin', the S's and N's (as of now) are pretty much flat for the week.
- The cyclicals continue to act like they're under accumulation
- I'm really enjoying the Buzz & Banter.
- If you're getting bullish on the upticks and bearish on the downticks, start your weekend early!
- Remember Carmine from Laverne & Shirley? The Big Ragoo!
- While the rule of thumb is "never short a dull market," today's tape is far from a gimme.
- What is gold telling us?
- Those aren't pillows!
- The breadth continues to straddle the fence.
- Reasons I'm hearing for the lift: Nobody wants to be short in front of the weekend (Saddam), traders are getting long in front of next week's robust data (how do they know where we're going?) and "support held." Reasons they'll assign if we fail: "support broke," the internets led us lower, earnings weren't enough.
- It amazes me that some people are afraid of the critters.
- There sure are a lot of Hot Pocket fans out there.
- Do you relax on the weekends or do you spend your time off thinking about work?
- Straight outa Compton.
- Have a peaceful weekend.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter