I'm the sizzler with the twizzler!
- Does anybody really eat Hot Pockets?
- Looking at a 10-day chart of the S&P, 990 was the first "level". Once it got through that, S&P 995 (previous high June 16 and 18) became the next "level." The next obvious area is S&P 1000 which, by the way, is more psychological than technical.
- The VIX is officially "broken" and that fact is getting loud in trading circles. Does this signal have bullish connotations for the market? In an strict textbook sense, yes...but please be conscious of two things. One, we're already at levels that have been more bearish than bullish (for equities), and two, bear traps always look tasty before they snap.
- The lifespan of a squirrel is about nine years.
- The breadth continues to hold tough while the futures struggle to assert a direction.
- Gold acts well again today.
- Minyanville Quiz: Who was the only President to be head of a labor union? The first correct answer sent to Survey@Minyanville.com wins a spankin' brand new Minyanville tee of their choice!
- November 12.
- There is a gap (below) in the NDX that 'works' to 1270. That (and S&P 990) should act as near term support. Setting stops below there will define your long side risk.
- I have nipples Greg, can you milk me?
- I still feel as if a big move lower is looming...but that doesn't mean I can't play with Hoofy for the day.
- Ebay (EBAY:NASD), JDS Uniphase (JDSU:NASD), KLA Tencor (KLAC:NASD) and Nortel (NT:NYSE) highlight tonight's earning's parade.
- The goal, when trading, is to use prices to your advantage. If you're not in a position to do that, you're likely positioned too big.
- Jimmy's sweet on you!
- Rosa Mexicana has the best Mexican food in the city. Hands down.
- The action in these internet names is bubbliciously reminiscent of manias past. Let's get that Minyanville IPO on the tape quick! ;-)
- Kevin "Pepe" Depew has some good technical observations. And...did I mention that Greg was doing a good job? Looks like he lost a little weight too!
- IF (big if) the Minx can't make a new high on this rally (not today, per se, but this leg), it could be the sign of exhaustion that Boo's been waiting for.
- Daisy the dairy diva was spotted on Sag Main Beach in a licorice thong!
- This sure is one nutty way to spend our day!
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter