By Todd Harrison Jul 24, 2003 12:41 pm
I'm the sizzler with the twizzler!
- Does anybody really eat Hot Pockets?
- Looking at a 10-day chart of the S&P, 990 was the first "level". Once it got through that, S&P 995 (previous high June 16 and 18) became the next "level." The next obvious area is S&P 1000 which, by the way, is more psychological than technical.
- The VIX is officially "broken" and that fact is getting loud in trading circles. Does this signal have bullish connotations for the market? In an strict textbook sense, yes...but please be conscious of two things. One, we're already at levels that have been more bearish than bullish (for equities), and two, bear traps always look tasty before they snap.
- The lifespan of a squirrel is about nine years.
- The breadth continues to hold tough while the futures struggle to assert a direction.
- Gold acts well again today.
- Minyanville Quiz: Who was the only President to be head of a labor union? The first correct answer sent to Survey@Minyanville.com wins a spankin' brand new Minyanville tee of their choice!
- November 12.
- There is a gap (below) in the NDX that 'works' to 1270. That (and S&P 990) should act as near term support. Setting stops below there will define your long side risk.
- I have nipples Greg, can you milk me?
- I still feel as if a big move lower is looming...but that doesn't mean I can't play with Hoofy for the day.
- Ebay (EBAY:NASD), JDS Uniphase (JDSU:NASD), KLA Tencor (KLAC:NASD) and Nortel (NT:NYSE) highlight tonight's earning's parade.
- The goal, when trading, is to use prices to your advantage. If you're not in a position to do that, you're likely positioned too big.
- Jimmy's sweet on you!
- Rosa Mexicana has the best Mexican food in the city. Hands down.
- The action in these internet names is bubbliciously reminiscent of manias past. Let's get that Minyanville IPO on the tape quick! ;-)
- Kevin "Pepe" Depew has some good technical observations. And...did I mention that Greg was doing a good job? Looks like he lost a little weight too!
- IF (big if) the Minx can't make a new high on this rally (not today, per se, but this leg), it could be the sign of exhaustion that Boo's been waiting for.
- Daisy the dairy diva was spotted on Sag Main Beach in a licorice thong!
- This sure is one nutty way to spend our day!
position in spx, qqq, ebay, klac
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter