Enjoy the weekend!
- In New Hampshire, you cannot sell the clothes you are wearing to pay off a gambling debt.
- Banks, bonds, bucks, and bullion.
- Good for you, Sparky!
- Note the 3-month uptrend on Newmont Mining (NEM:NYSE) at $39ish (short-term), and the "open gap" from July-03 around $33.5 (intermediate-term)
- Why do slim chance, fat chance, and no chance all mean the same thing?
- I can't wait to ride my mountain bike to Crested Butte for Minyans in the Mountains. Any one want to join me from Aspen to CB?
- Do what you love and love what you do!
- Professor Reamer has thus far nailed the XAU meltage. No mush intended--just doling out some well deserved snaps.
- Cal Ripken Jr.
- The scariest part of this pullback is the VIX level. What will it take for people to show their fear?
- Going Postal!
- Worry is interest paid in advance on something that may never happen.
- C-A-T-S, Cats, Cats, Cats!!
- A fly on the wall often gets swatted. Who'd want to be that?
- The QQQ needs to hold at 34. A break below that would be a big blow to Hoofy and his pals. 34 held in March and May and provided a good entry point for the bounce into resistance.
- In all the talk about the Bells profiting from ATT's (T:NYSE) recent decision to depart home service, emphasis has been placed on the biggies Verizon (VZ:NYSE) and SBC (SBC:NYSE)---but ignored is poor little Alltel (AT:NYSE), the little sister Bell in the Southwest. But AT is doing just fine---up nicely without benefit of all the chatter.
- Daisy misses Dr. Dots & Plots
- "Great, Custer had a plan too!"
- "Warning: do not use if you have prostate problems." -- On a box of Midol PMS relief tablets.
- Silver - A tough day for white lightning. $6.25 held as support, big resistance at $6.50. The internals look rough as Elmer jawbones the dollar. Silver started the week at $6.75, so you do the math. Ouch...
- I theorize the root cause is whale flatulence
- "Don't sell yourself short Judge...you're a tremendous slouch."
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter