This is my kinda tape!
- Thoughts for the rest of the session? Cloudy...but if Google (GOOG) breaks $300 (and picks up some downside steam), I would "think" that it sours psychology into the weekend.
- While our steady Fed assures us that the economy is chuggin' along, we continue to see job cuts and layoffs at every turn. And you wonder why we're headed for a two class society?
- The Gere cheer!
- If you told me that Intel (INTC), Yahoo! (YHOO), Google (GOOG) and Microsoft (MSFT) were gonna trade as they have this week, I woulda offered that the broader tape would be listening to chin music. Yet, despite the sporadic fright, the mainstay averages remain nestled above the acne zones. Hands over eyes, that's impressive.
- This is your brain. This is your brain after earnings. Any questions?
- "See the SML. It will reverse up and form a higher bottom with a print of 350. Meanwhile, Boo's line in the sand for aggressiveness is 353. The Dow Transports will reverse up and form a higher bottom with a print of 3810." -- Pepe Depew on today's Buzz.
- China Rider!
- Strong earnings and constructive commentary in the energy patch has triggered (another) all-time high in the OSX. While I expect air pockets and (two-sided) volatility in this group, I remain of the view that they've got room to run and will ultimately overtake the financials as the top weighting in the S&P.
- I've had an inside peek at the Entourage plot into the back end of the season. Suffice to say that Eric will hold his own in a certain love triangle with Vince.
- What do Hugh Grant and Boo have in common?
- Many thanks to ye faithful for the feedback on what you wanna see in the "new and improved" Minyanville. Please keep the comments coming as we build this vision together.
- Speaking of visions, we're less than a month away from our Sundance of Finance. Trying to describe Minyans in the Mountains to someone who hasn't been there is like trying to explain the sunset to a blind man. You get the gist-human capital, networking, family, friendship, education, the journey-but unless you're there, you won't fully absorb the mojonation.
- Has anyone seen Meehan?
- I've long believed that the opposite of love isn't hate-it's apathy. With the volatility sisters (VXO, VXN, QQV) hovering at decade low levels, maybe we've already arrived at the other side of the bubble?
- Do you enjoy your days? You should-life's too short to waste any time.
- Fare ye well into the bell and have a fantastic weekend!
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter