By Todd Harrison Jul 22, 2005 12:27 pm
This is my kinda tape!
- Thoughts for the rest of the session? Cloudy...but if Google (GOOG) breaks $300 (and picks up some downside steam), I would "think" that it sours psychology into the weekend.
- While our steady Fed assures us that the economy is chuggin' along, we continue to see job cuts and layoffs at every turn. And you wonder why we're headed for a two class society?
- The Gere cheer!
- If you told me that Intel (INTC), Yahoo! (YHOO), Google (GOOG) and Microsoft (MSFT) were gonna trade as they have this week, I woulda offered that the broader tape would be listening to chin music. Yet, despite the sporadic fright, the mainstay averages remain nestled above the acne zones. Hands over eyes, that's impressive.
- This is your brain. This is your brain after earnings. Any questions?
- "See the SML. It will reverse up and form a higher bottom with a print of 350. Meanwhile, Boo's line in the sand for aggressiveness is 353. The Dow Transports will reverse up and form a higher bottom with a print of 3810." -- Pepe Depew on today's Buzz.
- China Rider!
- Strong earnings and constructive commentary in the energy patch has triggered (another) all-time high in the OSX. While I expect air pockets and (two-sided) volatility in this group, I remain of the view that they've got room to run and will ultimately overtake the financials as the top weighting in the S&P.
- I've had an inside peek at the Entourage plot into the back end of the season. Suffice to say that Eric will hold his own in a certain love triangle with Vince.
- What do Hugh Grant and Boo have in common?
- Many thanks to ye faithful for the feedback on what you wanna see in the "new and improved" Minyanville. Please keep the comments coming as we build this vision together.
- Speaking of visions, we're less than a month away from our Sundance of Finance. Trying to describe Minyans in the Mountains to someone who hasn't been there is like trying to explain the sunset to a blind man. You get the gist-human capital, networking, family, friendship, education, the journey-but unless you're there, you won't fully absorb the mojonation.
- Has anyone seen Meehan?
- I've long believed that the opposite of love isn't hate-it's apathy. With the volatility sisters (VXO, VXN, QQV) hovering at decade low levels, maybe we've already arrived at the other side of the bubble?
- Do you enjoy your days? You should-life's too short to waste any time.
- Fare ye well into the bell and have a fantastic weekend!
position in msft
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter