The BKX/SOX duopoly is now pointed in the same direction!
- S&P 976 is the 50-day moving average. With a nanosecond exception in late March, this support hasn't been touched (broken) during this entire bull phase.
- Watch the financials here--the BKX just caught a bid.
- Sandy Weill is a pretty sharp guy. Do you think he'd step down if he believed a new bull market is emerging?
- Snoop Tone and Brian Reynolds are swinging by for lunch. I sure hope Fokker doesn't fumble again.
- The tone of the techs continues to act firmer than their old school cousins. The industrials, however, still act as if their under accumulation.
- I never tire of watching Crimson Tide. I concur, sir.
- The NDX has now filled the gap (1260) from yesterday's opening.
- When in doubt, trade a bit smaller ("in between")
- Listen to your friend Billy Zane, he's a cool guy.
- November 12.
- Have you checked out Minyanville's Main Street yet?
- MSNBC is reporting that Uday and Qusay Hussein (Saddam's kids) were "likely" killed or captured. That blurb spurred the tape when it first hit.
- Walt Disney named Mickey Mouse after Mickey Rooney (he dated his mom).
- Amazon (AMZN:NASD), Amgen (AMGN:NASD), Beazer Homes (BZH:NYSE), Broadcom (BRCM:NASD), Schlumberger (SLB:NYSE), Seibel (SEBL:NASD) and Sun Microsystems (SUNW:NASD) highlight tonight's parade. America Online (AOL:NYSE), Bellsouth (BLS:NYSE), Boeing (BA:NYSE), Eastman Kodak (EK:NYSE) and Wyeth (WYE:NYSE) start the show tomorrow.
- Why is it that every time I think of Wyeth, I think of Weird Science?
- The fear of missing continues to dominate the mindset of the masses.
- Making my calls around the street, I've found opinions (into year end) ranging from severe melt to "much, much higher." It's amazing that we can all look at the same picture and reach such different conclusions. That, my friends, is why trading is more an art than a science.
- "I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb...and I also know I'm not blonde." --Dolly Parton
- I've seen some meaty S&P buyers in the last five minutes. I'm being told that they are macro accounts (covering).
- Last night, I was telling a friend about my last conversation with Bill Meehan. We were firing back and forth on IM on the morning of September 11th. He started telling me a goofy story (as he liked to do) and I told him to pipe down and give me his market thoughts. I was kidding, of course, but soon thereafter, WMeehan100 signed off for the last time...and I never did hear the end of that story. I sure do miss him.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter