By Todd Harrison Jul 22, 2003 11:40 am
The BKX/SOX duopoly is now pointed in the same direction!
- S&P 976 is the 50-day moving average. With a nanosecond exception in late March, this support hasn't been touched (broken) during this entire bull phase.
- Watch the financials here--the BKX just caught a bid.
- Sandy Weill is a pretty sharp guy. Do you think he'd step down if he believed a new bull market is emerging?
- Snoop Tone and Brian Reynolds are swinging by for lunch. I sure hope Fokker doesn't fumble again.
- The tone of the techs continues to act firmer than their old school cousins. The industrials, however, still act as if their under accumulation.
- I never tire of watching Crimson Tide. I concur, sir.
- The NDX has now filled the gap (1260) from yesterday's opening.
- When in doubt, trade a bit smaller ("in between")
- Listen to your friend Billy Zane, he's a cool guy.
- November 12.
- Have you checked out Minyanville's Main Street yet?
- MSNBC is reporting that Uday and Qusay Hussein (Saddam's kids) were "likely" killed or captured. That blurb spurred the tape when it first hit.
- Walt Disney named Mickey Mouse after Mickey Rooney (he dated his mom).
- Amazon (AMZN:NASD), Amgen (AMGN:NASD), Beazer Homes (BZH:NYSE), Broadcom (BRCM:NASD), Schlumberger (SLB:NYSE), Seibel (SEBL:NASD) and Sun Microsystems (SUNW:NASD) highlight tonight's parade. America Online (AOL:NYSE), Bellsouth (BLS:NYSE), Boeing (BA:NYSE), Eastman Kodak (EK:NYSE) and Wyeth (WYE:NYSE) start the show tomorrow.
- Why is it that every time I think of Wyeth, I think of Weird Science?
- The fear of missing continues to dominate the mindset of the masses.
- Making my calls around the street, I've found opinions (into year end) ranging from severe melt to "much, much higher." It's amazing that we can all look at the same picture and reach such different conclusions. That, my friends, is why trading is more an art than a science.
- "I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb...and I also know I'm not blonde." --Dolly Parton
- I've seen some meaty S&P buyers in the last five minutes. I'm being told that they are macro accounts (covering).
- Last night, I was telling a friend about my last conversation with Bill Meehan. We were firing back and forth on IM on the morning of September 11th. He started telling me a goofy story (as he liked to do) and I told him to pipe down and give me his market thoughts. I was kidding, of course, but soon thereafter, WMeehan100 signed off for the last time...and I never did hear the end of that story. I sure do miss him.
position in qqq
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter