More Random Thoughts!
Smile! It could be worse--a lot worse!
- Do you think Banter gets tired of being second fiddle to Buzz?
- I'm always early.
- I can't wait to finally share the news.
- The question isn't whether or not our financial system has structural deficiencies. The question is when people will finally wrap their heads around the depth of the hole we're in. The second derivative of that discussion is the Fed--both what they say and what they do--as they maneuver and fanagle their way through the fray.
- The metals officially have short-term technical issues to digest (gold $400 was a backstop for a lot of bulls). I cannot stress the importance of identifying your time frame in this complex before the initiation of risk.
- When you sign your name, it should mean something. That, to me, is the most basic level of success.
- Yesterday we discussed the Snapper potential to BKX 96 and XBD 120 and wanted to see how the Minx acted once we got there. Uhh....
- Brazil hiccupped a deuce (2%).
- The scary thing is, we prolly hear about 5% of what really goes on in Washington.
- Will asset classes start trading homogenous again?
- Lower highs + lower lows = downtrend.
- If biotechs lead the Nazz....
- The VXO (volatility index) is now up 5% and trading near 15. During the May lows, it was trading near 21ish.
- While it's all relative, I liked that Bill Gates donated his (cough) $3 billion nut to charity.
- I wanna come back in my next life as an octopus with eight keyboards.
- Chris Katan was eating dinner next to me last night but I couldn't tell if he was with Debbie Downer.
- Regardless of the type of day you're having, toss the ball back on the mound and jog to the dugout. Tomorrow is a new inning.
- Yes, I'll mix up the trivia a bit and it won't be so Dead-centric.
- That's Papa Santoli.
- Collins is a huge find. I mean that in a contribution sense not in a girth sense.
- Keep your eyes on the Monday lows.
- S&P 1080 remains a beacon in the night. Then 1050.
- Lotsa people are expecting us to test the May lows. That means we won't get there or blow through 'em.
- Lots going on right now. Minyans in the Mountains (get psyched!), moving offices, building distribution relationships, adding content, Critter's Choice Awards, family stuff....it's a heavy load even by my standards. Thanks kindly for understanding and believing in the critter mission.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter