Bears don't hibernate in the summer!
- Have you ever seen a tribulation without a trial?
- What's another cook in the kitchen?
- XBD 120 and BKX 96--levels recently flagged as a likely respite for Snapper's efforts--are in play. The action in these two sectors (banks/brokers) will be very telling as a broader market tell.
- The retailers are retesting the 200-day (RLX 386) and the dollar is edging through DXY 88 (watch this). If the greenback can put this level in their rear-view, it will become newfound support.
- If I stop writing mid-sentence, there's prolly a good reason.
- Altera (ALTR:NASD), eBay (EBAY:NASD), Seibel (SEBL:NASD), WaMu (WM:NYSE), Qualcomm (QCOM:NASD) and Capital One (COF:NYSE) highlight tonight's heavy schedule. American Int'l (AIG:NYSE), Caterpillar (CAT:NYSE), McDonalds (MCD:NYSE), Ely Lilly (LLY:NYSE) and Union Pacific (UNP:NYSE) will lead the speed of tomorrow's breed.
- Eddie George in silver and black?
- Now you know why my shrink has a shrink.
- The metal smelting is all the rage as gold gets clipped for a finski (through support at $400), silver smacks Snapper (down 3%) and the tertiary types all get hit. This is occurring against the backdrop of a stronger dollar that has mounted the DXY 88 hump (resistance).
- Sgt. McGuirk is on the case.
- The next tangible resistance, should our financial humps be mounted, will come into play around S&P 1125 and NDX 1450.
- Dirty rotten scoundrels.
- Elmer's credibility seems to be waning a bit. It's still got a long way to go though.
- If you missed Scotto's Fed missive, you're missing a fine piece of writing.
- Wanna sit down and talk about it? Join Scotto, Succo, Tickles, Snoop, David, Jason, Gula, Neal, Greg and Pepe in Crested Butte for some clear air and fresh views.
- If you missed this yesterday, it's a fine sports read.
- Note the downside reversal in Goldman (GS:NYSE) and keep an eye on Citigroup (C:NYSE).
- Who would have thought that my junior high typing classes would serve me in such good stead?
- Crude is starting to sneak higher again.
- Fokker Kahn. Fokker Kahn.
- The difference between thinking something and doing something is all the difference in the world.
- Nasty SOX. Nasty, nasty SOX.
- As it stands, and until proven otherwise, a very defined downtrend dominates the '04 technical landscape.
- The trannies crashed.
- I don't trust anyone who doesn't like animals.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter