By Todd Harrison Jul 21, 2004 12:24 pm
Bears don't hibernate in the summer!
- Have you ever seen a tribulation without a trial?
- What's another cook in the kitchen?
- XBD 120 and BKX 96--levels recently flagged as a likely respite for Snapper's efforts--are in play. The action in these two sectors (banks/brokers) will be very telling as a broader market tell.
- The retailers are retesting the 200-day (RLX 386) and the dollar is edging through DXY 88 (watch this). If the greenback can put this level in their rear-view, it will become newfound support.
- If I stop writing mid-sentence, there's prolly a good reason.
- Altera (ALTR:NASD), eBay (EBAY:NASD), Seibel (SEBL:NASD), WaMu (WM:NYSE), Qualcomm (QCOM:NASD) and Capital One (COF:NYSE) highlight tonight's heavy schedule. American Int'l (AIG:NYSE), Caterpillar (CAT:NYSE), McDonalds (MCD:NYSE), Ely Lilly (LLY:NYSE) and Union Pacific (UNP:NYSE) will lead the speed of tomorrow's breed.
- Eddie George in silver and black?
- Now you know why my shrink has a shrink.
- The metal smelting is all the rage as gold gets clipped for a finski (through support at $400), silver smacks Snapper (down 3%) and the tertiary types all get hit. This is occurring against the backdrop of a stronger dollar that has mounted the DXY 88 hump (resistance).
- Sgt. McGuirk is on the case.
- The next tangible resistance, should our financial humps be mounted, will come into play around S&P 1125 and NDX 1450.
- Dirty rotten scoundrels.
- Elmer's credibility seems to be waning a bit. It's still got a long way to go though.
- If you missed Scotto's Fed missive, you're missing a fine piece of writing.
- Wanna sit down and talk about it? Join Scotto, Succo, Tickles, Snoop, David, Jason, Gula, Neal, Greg and Pepe in Crested Butte for some clear air and fresh views.
- If you missed this yesterday, it's a fine sports read.
- Note the downside reversal in Goldman (GS:NYSE) and keep an eye on Citigroup (C:NYSE).
- Who would have thought that my junior high typing classes would serve me in such good stead?
- Crude is starting to sneak higher again.
- Fokker Kahn. Fokker Kahn.
- The difference between thinking something and doing something is all the difference in the world.
- Nasty SOX. Nasty, nasty SOX.
- As it stands, and until proven otherwise, a very defined downtrend dominates the '04 technical landscape.
- The trannies crashed.
- I don't trust anyone who doesn't like animals.
position in c
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter