Often imitated, never duplicated
- With Toddo out of the office I called an audible and Meehan and I snacked on some Friday Sushi.
- If you have three quarters, four dimes, and four pennies, you have $1.19.You also have the largest amount of money in coins without being able to make change for a dollar.
- I've got Franklin Raines set as my screen saver - it keeps Todd away from my screens (like garlic to Dracula)
- S&P 1122 / 1116; DJIA 10,300 / 9852 ; NDX 1485 / 1447; Comp 1960 / 1865
- Sleep with the Fishes?
- Crested Butte
- Big Pussy
- Baywatch is the most popular TV show internationally
- Ja Mon
- The metals crawled into the finish line with silver up 1.10% and gold still hanging out higher but still below $400. Note that Brazil is up 1.6% to its highest level since late April and is up 23% off the May low. The dollar index (DXY) continues to drip (now off 91 bps) and testing support at 88.
Bonds held the bulk of their gains after the employment data with the 10 year testing the 4.40% yield level.
It's been S's over N's as a function of the Intel smell and rotten Apple. Checking the group soup...the chips continue their slip (great call Scott) along with the trannies (TRAN) and cyclicals (CYC). On the upside, the reits (RMS), homies (HGX), and utilities (UTY) all have some life.
- Macho Man
- No help for your chop stick
- Did anybody really think Toddo would completely go on vacation? The last time he just called to check levels I told him not to call back. Have fun bro - much needed R&R.
- Welcome Rich Gula!
- The key to success in any business is keeping customers satisfied
- Next week the markets are closed for the holiday on Monday. Other events on the trading radar next week: AA, DNA, YHOO, GE, ABT all kick off the earnings parade; The Fed's Broaddus and Hoeing are set to speak (Wed & Fri respectively); and of course Beeks stops by with data.
- The people that I've met over the last many months have continued to amaze me with their insights and integrity. I appreciate being involved and I know from the post I keep that the best days for Minyanville lie ahead! And yes I do wish you all could see what I see...
- The highest price paid for a seat (membership) on the NYSE was $2,650,000 on August 23, 1999
- Good judgment comes from experience and experience comes from bad judgment
- 111 111 111 x 111 111 111 = 12 345 678 987 654 321
- Rotten Apple!
- Have a happy and safe Fourth!
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter