FIllin' in, and lovin' it!
- When's the last time you purposefully lost a bet - any bet - for a beer, with a friend?
- "Even with the utterly lost, to whom life and death are equal jests, there are matters of which no jest can be made."
- Hazards. Moral hazards.
- "Is you is, or is you ain't, my constituency?"
- Asset diversification is impossible in a regime of excessive liquidity. They all go up. They all go down.
- Carbs? Proteins? Atkins? Distractions, all. The future of nutritional health? Fats. (read: essential fatty acids).
- What are the chances that Fed LOWERS rates in the next 18 months? Much higher than people believe, I suspect.
- Repeat after me: Impulsive. Corrective. Impulsive. Corrective.
- 8. 9. 13: Demark trend exhaustion signals. 8 and 13 are Fibonacci numbers. And because the countup to "13" begins on the "9" price bar, well, that makes the entire 1 thru 9 thru 13 sequence equal to 21 price bars. And that's the next Fibonacci number in the sequence. 1-1-2-3-5-8-13-21-34-etc...
- What ever happened to overcapacity?
- Bottoms form on spikes (fear). Tops form broadly over time (greed). What else would you expect from the limbic system?
- Wimbledon was the best sporting event I have ever attended.
- Join us. Honestly, Crested Butte might change your life. (It did mine)
- Forget your political persuasion for 2 hours and see Fahrenheit 9/11. It's not nearly as partisan as it's been purported to be.
- "A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
- What ever happened to deflation?
- Fred Ramberg.
- Talk when everyone is listening. Listen when everyone is talking.
- Nikolai Kondratieff. AC Pigou. Wesley C. Mitchell.
- If complete governmental control of a nation's productive resources (communism) is worse than mostly governmental control of a nation's productive resources (socialism). And those two are worse than limited governmental control of a nation's productive resources (capitalism). Then wouldn't zero governmental control of a nation's productive resources be even better? Agree?
- Weston A. Price
- Crude prices increased 86% from Q1/03 to Q2/04. In that time the DOW increased 26%. Now explain to me why the DOW would go to 12,000 if oil drops back to $30?
- Ed Yardeni calls coordinated central bank liquidity "Super Money". He's right, in the short run.
- What if Gold's bear market from the 1980 peak isn't actually over yet?
- I would rather be generally right and precisely wrong than generally wrong and precisely right.
- "But what if the Guarantee Fairy's a crazy glue sniffer? Next thing you know there's change missing from your dresser and your daughter's knocked up. I've seen it a hundred times."
- The key to the resolution of the untenable trends in the U,S, dollar? To the upside for gold? To the reconciliation of massive U,S, debts? Keynesian economics. When it becomes discredited, the house of cards comes tumbling down.
n on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the perf=
ormance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles a=
ppear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily t=
he views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing c=
ontained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advic=
e addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase,=
sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prosp=
ective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sal=
e of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader eith=
er individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional.=
Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities th=
at are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles =
are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund =
discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or dire=
ction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit busin=
ess of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management=
and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or ot=
her communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.<= /p>
Daily Recap Newsletter